Hip Not To Be Square-Hips In Vipre Premium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Too those of you using Vipre Premium how effective or non effective has the Hips component been in your useage? Sincerely...Securon

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hello Securon

It's hard for me to say, even tho I run VIPRE Premium on one computer along with Sandboxie alone. I have asked the same question and been told (by Nick Hallin) that , "The HIPS in VIPRE Premium is mainly just to prevent code injection as part of Process Protection." The reason I say it is hard to answer your question is that I don't use that machine frequently. But since I installed Premium 5 months ago, it has been quiet. This is most certainly due to what Nick describes as such:
    I see that here you asked similar questions about VIPRE HIPS component about 10-11 months ago. The answers you received back then probably still apply today, although I might be mistaken.

I will say that compared to a classic HIPS component like Online Armor contains, VIPRE's HIPS appears to be quite scaled back.

HTH

3. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

@page42 has described it correctly.

I also raised the same query and was told by support that it would not have a very deep effect and you should not view it totally as HIPS ( the conventional one ) .

I was told to better switch it off ( which is default setting )

4. Securon

Good Evening ! Thanks for your replies Gentleman. I was curious obviously as to it's effectiveness...because the Firewall is pretty quite no pop up's. I really can't complain,but based on your feedback Page 42 and Nevis, I think I'll turn it off,and see what transpires in the future builds with Vipre Premium. Sincerely...Securon

5. Securon

Good Evening ! Thanks for jogging what's left of my prodigious memory..LOL. Vipre has obviously been an on and off exercise,that seems too be an exercise in consistency with Wilders members. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.