HiJackThis, Spyware, and AntiVirus Closing Randomly

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by the_jewish_jew855, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_jewish_jew855

the_jewish_jew855 Registered Member

Just today I began having trouble with my spyware removal programs. They close randomly, no warning, no problem.... just gone. I've heard this is related to Klez, but I ran the removal tool from Symantec and it found nothing. This is a really pissy problem for me, due to the fact that I have had MANY virus-related problems in the past week. My HiJackThis log (which I barely had time to save) is on my other post "Backdoor.Agent.BA" Please help me out, this is really starting to bother me

Thanks
    The Jew

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

All kinds of malware could be responsible for this.

I suggest you proceed as follows:

First, run an online virus scan at Panda Active Scan

Next, go to http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/~merijn/downloads.html , and download Hijack This.
    Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".
    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log somewhere, and please show us its contents.
    Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
    Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi The_Jewish_Jew855,

Since you have posted a hijackthis log here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=39000

I will lock this thread now so we don't have duplicate threads going for the same problem. ;)

Please follow Tony's advice and get an on-line scan first, then post a new log in your current thread (see link in this post).

Regards,

snap

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.