Hijackthis log help needed - thanks!

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by moocoo, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moocoo

moocoo Registered Member

Hello:

I ran and removed a few things with Ad-aware as I usually do and then ran my AVG virus program which picked up something that I can't remove from my system. Says it is ' Trojan Horse PSW.Briss.G ' and because it is in ' C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\A.EXE ' I ran thru and am posting my hijack this log as I am not sure what I am dealing with nor how to remove it. I can't run 'Housecall virus scanner' and my scandisk won't complete itself therefore I can't defrag. So far this is all I've noticed but naturally I am concerned as I can usually deal with this stuff myself. Thanks in advance and here is my log:

Ok - just discovered that altho I clicked the save button - it will not open on my desktop - I cannot cut and paste the log either...............I can only save as 'log file' or 'all' files - not the 'text' I was told to...........am I in big doodoo here? Just tried to include it as a file here...........feeling desperate.

Attached Files:

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi moocoo,

Before you start please unzip hijackthis.exe to a folder of it´s own. The program creates backups in the folder it is in. In a Temp folder they easily disappear.

Check the following items in HijackThis.
    Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF} - C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\BRIDGE.DLL (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [systray] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\A.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SAHBundle] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\bundle.exe

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/0877c77a10605dcf1c03/netzip/RdxIE601.cab

O16 - DPF: {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF} (brdg Class) - http://www2.flingstone.com/cab/98ME/CDTInc/bridge.cab

Then reboot into safe mode and delete:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\A.EXE

And (still in safe mode) use the DiskCleanup Tool to empty all your Temp folders.

When you are done, run HijackThis again and post the new log, so we can see if it all worked out as planned.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.