Hijacked

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Silver Surfer, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While surfing today my browser (IE6) got hijacked. NOD32 produced several screens and such during the experience that led me believe that everthing was in control, but in the final analysis my homepage got changed. Got out of the mess by using XP's System Restore feature. Shouldn't my ESET keep this from happening?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Well, that is the idea, anyway. How are your AMON and IMON settings? For example, in IMON setup, go to Miscellaneous --> Scanner --> Setup and make sure all the boxes in the "ThreatSense Scanning Engine options" and "Targets" are checked. Do the same thing for the AMON setup under the Options tab.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Eventually, probably, at the moment, no.

You may want to take a look here. As well there are discussions on security software here and even more here.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

4. Holy cow! After reading the material in those links it's painfully obvious that I'm a mere "babe in the woods" when it comes to my computer's security. Thanks for steering me toward all those sources for more protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.