hijacked! :(

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by -legion-, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -legion-

-legion- Guest

I'm only 14, so I'm not too sure about all of this stuff. All I know is my homepage was replaced with some dumn message about SPYWare, and an annoying CO, FBI Police pop-up keeps appaearing.

Friends have helped me. I've tried SpyBot, AdAware, CW Shredder (spybot froze often) and now this. So here is my log:

The honepage seems to be working now, but the pop-up still appears.

many blessings on those who can help!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 21:19:57, on 11/02/2004
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 6 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    N1 - Netscape 4: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/"); (C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Users\Kris's_Internet\prefs.js)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi -legion-,

Before you start please unzip hijackthis.exe to a folder of it´s own. The program creates backups in the folder it is in. In a Temp folder they easily disappear.

Check the following item in HijackThis.
    Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART

Then reboot your computer and go to Add/Remove Software and uninstall P2P Networking.

Are you sure you posted the complete log?
    It looks like the bottom part is missing.

After the reboot run HIjackThis again and post a new log.

Regards,

Pieter

3. -legion-

-legion- Guest

Hi, thanks for that.

I checked again, and that seems to be all of the log. :/

Also, uninstall p2p networking you say..? My computer is networked with my father's computer... so wouldn't that disrupt things in any kind of way?

Thanks again,
    ( I haven't taken any action just yet)

4. Pieter_Arntz

Hi -legion-,

P2P Networking gets installed along with filesharing programs like KaZaa.
    Nobody has ever been able to figure out what use it is to the person running it.
    It will not have any effect on your home network.

Regards,

Pieter

5. -legion-

-legion- Guest

Okay, here is my new log:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 22:40:51, on 11/02/2004
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
    C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\Desktop\hijack\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\secure.html
    N1 - Netscape 4: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/"); (C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Users\Kris's_Internet\prefs.js)
    O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE

6. Pieter_Arntz

Hi -legion-,

Now download and run: http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
    Use the Fix button and follow the intructions you will receive.
    Do'n't use the old version of CWShredder, but download a new copy.

Then reboot, run HijackThis again and check if these lines no longer point to secure.html:

If not, fix them the same way you did before.

Keep us posted,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.