Highjack Blaster Infected?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ssuklis, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssuklis

ssuklis Registered Member

Good Morning:

> In all probability, you may already know about this, but I think I'd better pass it along just in case..?

> Today, right after my browser had been once again hijacked, I opened "Hijack blaster", (which, by the
    > way, has been the greatest thing I've EVER had in my computer)
    > to deal with it, as it usually does.

> As soon as it came up, the window began violently shaking all over the place, and Norton
    > Antivirus went berserk..."Virus alert" came up, and it dealt with it, (the whole time, blaster was
    > still shaking all over the place) as soon as Norton declared the virus "fixed", it, a second VIRUS
    > AlERT instantly popped up, and the whole process repeated, then again a THIRD time...all one after
    > the other, happing very quickly.

> After the third "Fixed" announcement, Blaster settled down, and let me click on the button to
    > deal with the hijack. (during the shaking, it wouldn't respond to anything)

> Blaster then dealt with the hijack (or should I say "highack"?) But, the little window that
    > pops up just before Blaster appears stayed on-screen and wouldn't go away.

> I ran Spybot immediately, but it came up clean....then,
    > I ran a full Norton scan, which came up clean, and finally, after a reboot, the little window finally went away.

> Has a hacker found a way to attack blaster? If so, I imagine by now you've probably been
    > inundated with letters, and already know about it. But, as I said earlier..."just in case..I
    > thought I'd best drop you a note.

> Many thanks for the most-appreciated lifesaver my computer has.

> Best regards,

> Sam Suklis
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.