Highjack Blaster Infected?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ssuklis, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssuklis

ssuklis Registered Member

Good Morning:

> In all probability, you may already know about this, but I think I'd better pass it along just in case..?

> Today, right after my browser had been once again hijacked, I opened "Hijack blaster", (which, by the
    > way, has been the greatest thing I've EVER had in my computer)
    > to deal with it, as it usually does.

> As soon as it came up, the window began violently shaking all over the place, and Norton
    > Antivirus went berserk..."Virus alert" came up, and it dealt with it, (the whole time, blaster was
    > still shaking all over the place) as soon as Norton declared the virus "fixed", it, a second VIRUS
    > AlERT instantly popped up, and the whole process repeated, then again a THIRD time...all one after
    > the other, happing very quickly.

> After the third "Fixed" announcement, Blaster settled down, and let me click on the button to
    > deal with the hijack. (during the shaking, it wouldn't respond to anything)

> Blaster then dealt with the hijack (or should I say "highack"?) But, the little window that
    > pops up just before Blaster appears stayed on-screen and wouldn't go away.

> I ran Spybot immediately, but it came up clean....then,
    > I ran a full Norton scan, which came up clean, and finally, after a reboot, the little window finally went away.

> Has a hacker found a way to attack blaster? If so, I imagine by now you've probably been
    > inundated with letters, and already know about it. But, as I said earlier..."just in case..I
    > thought I'd best drop you a note.

> Many thanks for the most-appreciated lifesaver my computer has.

> Best regards,

> Sam Suklis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.