High CPU Usage during smart scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by yongsua, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Hi,I am Sua from Malaysia,I just want to know why my EAV smart scan use up to 90%+?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does it stay at 90% and the scan freezes? If not, it should go down unless certain files require in-depth analysis by Advanced heuristics.

3. yongsua

Sorry,I do not finish my scan and I just stop it once the CPU usage is very high.I will try again and update you.Thanks.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I, for one, scan crucial system folders after each update in addition to startup scans but have no problems on a 2-core CPU. Sometimes I also run additional scans with ecls concurrently when I don't need the CPU much for other applications. Normal users can rely on startup scans, there's no need to scan whole drives over and over on a frequent basis.

5. yongsua

Just now i have already did another smart scan and it seemed that it only took high CPU usage to scan some files or directories but also it did not freeze during the scan.So it is ok for me now.Last question,may you teach me how to scan crucial system folders after each update in addition to startup scans and run additional scans with ecls concurrently?Thanks and Regard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.