HideMyA**: Online Anonymous Web Proxy Service

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kye-U, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

http://hidemyass.com/

Crude name, but pretty good free service.

They offer a CGI-Proxy service, where you surf anonymously, proxy lists, and an online proxy checker.

2. dog

dog Guest

Nice find Kye-U ... Thanks :cool:

3. teluxranas

teluxranas Guest

4. securityx

securityx Registered Member

5. MEHL

MEHL Guest

lets see. hidemyass! in testing.

WHAT!

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

meh.. proxys are lame.

6. cfcvf

cfcvf Guest

OKAY, some proxys are lame.. but ieproxy and hidemyass seem nice.

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Oh joy, a proxy service offering anonymity which includes a web-bug tracker on their page (not to mention adverts courtesy of Google Syndication). :( Thank goodness for Proxomitron...

Attached Files:

• hmy.png
      hmy.png
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
  8. douch

douch Guest

9. StevieO

StevieO Guest

I tried it back in November 2005 when it was first posted. Earlier on today i got the same results as before. I can get to the website, but it doesn't work for me using IE anyway ? Maybe it needs scripting enabled or something like that. I didn't bother to try !

One of my security Apps alerts me to these.

2 Web Bugs killed by Desktop Armor.

Details

http://t1.extreme-dm.com/I.GIF

http://e0.extreme-dm.com",/

StevieO

10. dog

dog Guest

I just grab the proxy details ... and manually configure them - when/if needed/desired. :cool:

11. Hiddenmyass

Hiddenmyass Guest

i use adblock and a webbug filterset to block those. webbugs are very common just as common as ads.

12. Paranoid2000

It nevertheless indicates that user privacy is not the operators' top priority - an undesireable attitude for a service which will have access to records of your online activities.

13. Hiddenmyass

Hiddenmyass Guest

It nevertheless indicates that user privacy is not the operators' top priority - an undesireable attitude for a service which will have access to records of your online activities.

especially major corporation websites. e.g. buy.com , target.com, macromedia.com, msn.com, download.com.. just to name a few. ;)

14. Paranoid2000

They aren't going to have access to every URL you visit - an anonymiser service is. Therefore its attitude to privacy is more important and should merit closer examination. As with services generally, there are a number of players who will "promise the moon and deliver a crater" and there certainly seem to be a few rogue anonymity services about.

Unfortunately the greatest test of such services happens out of public view (via secret court orders) and it is only in exceptional cases that the public gets to find out (as with the JAP developers making the backdoor they were required to install as obvious as possible).

15. Snowie

Snowie Guest

Using a blocker that prevents government servers.........an the website mention herein this thread.........is blocked!!!! Wonder why.

16. Snowie

Snowie Guest

Excuse me...just noticed that the spyware blocker is also enabled.......either way....something is not right with that website

17. Daquiar

Daquiar Guest

explian ur self snowie.. one word at a time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.