Hide system tray icon?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jftuga, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jftuga

jftuga Registered Member

I am evaluating NOD32 for our 350 user environment. All of our users run as a User - ie not Power User nor Administrator. After we push Nod32 to their systems, how can I hide the Nod32 system tray icon? I do not want the users going in there and running on-demand scans (we have a daily scan scheduled from the Control Center) or being able to Quit the program. I already have a password set so that they can not reconfig the application.

Thanks,
    -John

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi . After you have setup a password , users also can't close NOD32's control nor they can stop the protection because NOD32 runs as a service and it is protected.One way not show the icon is to use msconfig and uncheck the control center (see the screenshot1) . By doing this you will not start the Control Center of NOD32 but only the Kernel , the protection service which you can control using your Remote Admin Console.Via doing this users will also not be able to see any visual warnings about NOD32 fining malware , blocking site ... Think before doing this .

Another way is to have the Start menu's Properties chosen to Hide inactive icons.The customize this option to simply hide NOD32's icon.This way , depening on your configuration , users will be able to see visual warnings.

There is no way you forbid users perform on-demand scan (and there is nothing wrong in this , IMO) , except if you forbid them use NOD32.exe via Group Policies/MS Shared Access tool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.