Hidden services/processus properties...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Atomas31, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

When I look my processus/drivers with Security Task Managers, I can see that I have a lot of hidden services/processus that are starting at boot. My question is : Is there a software that allow to see those hidden/services but also allow to change there properties so they don't start at boot?

Thank you and happy new year,
    Atomas31

2. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

yup
    Start > Run > regedit
    Start > Run > services.msc

or
    if youd be more specific there are alot of startup monitors
    Mike Lin's Startup control panel is one
    StartupList another

what is it we are trying to stop?
    sometimes you need to track down what owns some opaque processes
    I generally use TaskInfo for that

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: In addition to programs suggested by previous post, you may take a look at this remarkable app: HiddenFinder. You can find a trial version here.
    www. wenpoint.com/

4. Atomas31

Thank's both of you for your recommandation but after trying/trialing the softwares recommanded none of them can do what I want...

For exemple : I am using NOD32 as my resident AV and Kaspersky as my on-demand AV scan. But I see, for exemple, that the driver Klif.sys (an hidden driver) start up at every boot. So, what I am looking for is a software that gonna allow me to change the "startup at every boot" of that hidden driver and some others to "manual" to make sure there is no conflict and maybe speed-up a little bit my startup...

Thanks,
    Atomas31

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Atomas

I think you are going to make life difficult for yourself. Klif.sys isn't really hidden, but is clearly part of KAV. KAV will probably give you problems if you just disable the driver starting up. In all candor, I would either use one or the other AV's and forget it.

Read a couple of Mrkvonic's posts about going overboard. I am finding he is right. Without getting into the which is the better AV debate, I'd strongly recommend picking one of them, and uninstalling the other.

Cheers,

Pete

6. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Id have to agree, most any AV is trying to tie in to the Kernel at the lowest possible level inorder to avoid subversion, trying to stop it is counterproductive, Id either let it run and use those resources or pick one or the other.

7. Atomas31

Hi Pete and Ice_Czar,

Well, I believe you are right then, I believe when my Kasperky subscription come to an end, in 2-3 months, I will ditch it and save a few penny and some problems/conflicts :)

Best regards,
    Atomas31

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.