Hidden programs running

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by phduffey, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phduffey

phduffey Registered Member

Sometimes I cannot complete a task because the computer is busy elsewhwere. Also Windows explorer tries to access the Internet for no apparent reason. I suspect I've got some kind of spyware that reports on its own. I hve run Spybot and Ad-Aware.

Attached Files:

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi phduffey,

No spyware that I can see.

You can disable these two from starting at boot:
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\HP CD-Writer\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: America Online Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Old Drive\Program Files\America Online 7.0a\aoltray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\KODAK\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

Maybe that will help a bit. Better do that in msconfig, in case you have second thoughts.

Do you have an IP or URL where explorer is trying to make contact with?

Regards,

Pieter

3. phduffey

phduffey Registered Member

No IP or URL yet, but I'll keep looking. Thanks. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.