Hidden Passage Way

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I've always wanted a hidden room or passage in my house since i was a child. I believe it would be worth the investment. Here are some reasons for having a hidden room in your house: there neat, a place to hide your valuables, adds resale value to your home, could be used as a panic room, could have your own bat cave lol. Here is a company that specializes in designing, and building secret rooms. Go to the videos section on their site, and watch the discovery video. http://hiddenpassageway.com/

2. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

hi cutting edgetech,

Wow, that's a great link! I wonder how fun it would be to come up with some of the most clever schemes regarding hidden passageways/doors, closets? Wonder if they have a "Narnia" special line of furniture? :) They could consult with magicians for ideas also for some great optical illusions in the secure furniture too... :)

3. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Btw, your post reminds me somewhat of the famous Winchester House:

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

with all it's hidden passageways and such where a lot do not go actually anywhere, door within doors that are different sizes, dropoffs, weird stairwells, etc. Maybe you or other Wilder members have seen/heard of this... :)

Also, I used to have a book showing all kinds of optical illusions during wartime to foil the enemy (such as aircraft that think they are looking at a landscape or bombed out town where in reality its a giant mesh tarp with drawings on it to be viewed from the sky) inflatable tanks, etc.

-tookerjeff :)

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Very nice :)
    I also always wanted one of those when I was young :p

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

You can find the Idea in old B movies from the "1940" to "1970". Ostensibly converted stuff home made for the purpose, such as a hidden room used as a safe house in the underground railroad in the old slave days, or tunnels from the tong-wars in chinatown in the US. Left over secret passages and rooms called speakeasies from prohibition days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.