hi

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by INTOXSICKATED, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

Something interesting happened to me today. I work in a rather large facility with many different people from different departments within. Because of the nature of my job, most people will see me quite a few times throughout the day. I’ve been working in this particular facility now for over a year.

I’ve always hated working in this place because all the people there are stuck-up. I pass the same people in the hallways everyday, and I see the same people sitting at their desks everyday, but I don’t know their names and they never say hi.

There is one girl in particular who always catches my eye. She is very pretty with a beautiful smile, so she’s not hard to forget. I see her about two or three times a day, but she usually looks the other way when I walk-by, or is busy talking to somebody else.

Today I was lying on the floor trying to fix something. A woman walked by and said “how are you today?” Having a bad day as usual, (in a sarcastic voice) I replied, “just wonderful”. She then said, “oh, you’re having a day like I’m having today”, and continued to pass me by. Out of curiosity I decided to get up and see who it was that had just walked by. Of course it was the pretty girl I told you about earlier.

I yelled out to her to comeback, and continued to ask her why she had asked me how I was today? I mean I been walking by her two or three times a day for over a year now and she never said hi before, why all the sudden? Her reply was a simple, “you never said hi before either, and still haven’t”. (ok, good point) After introducing myself, I told her I thought she was just a stuck-up **** like the rest of the people here. Once again she replied, “I think most people think you’re the stuck-up one!”

Mr. Intox, stuck-up! No way! I may be an a$$h**le, but not even stuck-up. Can being an a$$h**le be misinterpreted as being stuck-up? I began to think. I decided to spend the rest of the day saying hi to everyone I passed. It was actually quite funny. I think most people were shocked, but some even stopped me to engage in some small talk and ask me questions they had been afraid to ask me in the past. All of the sudden my bad day had turned into a good day in a matter of just a few hours. kinda sounds like a children's book story.

After reading some of the new threads here in 10-f, I realized.......I never introduced myself here. I been lurking in the shadows for a long time, but just registered at the site recently. So anyways, I guess all i'm really trying to say is, “hi”.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well I am really glad to have you here. And yes it is amazing how many people would like to talk if they just had a hello directed at them. :D

bigc

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Mr Intox ;)

Yes, a smile and a friendly Hello, go along way. :)

Enjoy all your new found work friends, it certainly will make work and life more enjoyable.

Warm Regards,

Steve

So are you gonna tell use your real first name? ;) :)

4. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Let me guess:

Steve
    Paul
    Frank (nah!)

Oh...just tell us...:D

5. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

common phenomena..
    most people take intelectuals to be snooty...

I reply a "hi" to your "hi"

PS ::: Maybe you should say hi to every one in your office once in a while? Someone has to take the initiative you know... otherwise... All of you are "stuck up".
    PPS::: Chicks/females/women [and any other word you may require] almost NEVER come up to say hi. This "lady friend" of yours may be reciprocating your feelings you know. But I'm really not allowed to give out advice on matters like.. err.. "wuv" and all.. i'm contrary to the public opinion mostly :D

6. ~*Nat*~

7. no13

err... normal oneso_O :D:D

just kidding :D:D

actually.. we're a shy country. Really. Seriously.

8. ~*Nat*~

If you would be so kind and tell me your country,
    I may even consider "sympathizing" with you... ;) ;) :D

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Intox, good to see you hanging around.

Cheers :D

10. no13

Smogaria
    :D:D

11. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

12. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

14. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I say a good hello to Mr. Intox too :)

@no13: Hehe.....That very point you talk of (girls almost never come up to say hi) is what is different in your country than the rest of the world :D

It happens here too; though I do have some (older :eek:) girls saying Hello to me almost all the time.....o_O

@Nat: Dont you worry Mom, you'll see all of it in the email :)

15. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) Shyness is often mistaken for being "stuck up". Make the first move, then see what develops.

I also say hi back at ya.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :D :cool: ;) :D :eek: :rolleyes:

16. Sugabella

Sugabella Registered Member

I welcome you here . I also wanted to say hi

17. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

It is a pleasure to have you at the forum and helping..Have a great day guy ;)
    John

18. ~*Nat*~

Yeah...WHEN o_O

I've been waiting AAALLL night for your email you promised me last night.
    Must I die waiting first before you send one ??! :'(

http://img46.echo.cx/img46/148/scavreap8xn.jpg

19. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Expect it in a maximum time of 4 or 5 hours :)

20. ~*Nat*~

21. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Intox,
    You got close to 300 posts here before you ever said "hi". Oh my you have sinned. lol :D :D :D

You are a good creature here at the Wilders imho, and I get much enjoyment and knowledge from your posts including this thread here. Life in other places lots of fun.

Wildman has offered some good truth too.

Maybe you can get something going with the girl... ;) ;)

By the way I never introd. myself either but I think my sig pretty much says it all. So that is why I use it. Then with my last birthday I added the learning one.

Look forward to seeing more of you my friend. :)

22. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

Lol. The girl in the thread is not someone I wish to start anything with, nor do I have any special feelings toward her. ;) she just totally caught me off-guard with her comments and they were totally unexpected! It’s not too often where somebody says something that totally blows me away. A comment that leaves me walking around the rest of my day thinking, wtf? :eek:

I guess it’s better to say “hi” late, than never at all. It’s very true that a simple “hello” can go a long way and possibly even cheer-up someone when they’re feeling down. Most people don’t understand the large impact we all have on each other by the comments we make, no matter how insignificant we think they may be. One simple remark could be the difference between someone having a good day or a bad day.

Thanks for the comments, look forward to seeing everyone around, and hope you all have a good day!

-dave

23. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well Intox. let me share something with you I had no intentions of even a date much less a serious relationship with my spouse of many years either.

It all started on the job at a break time with a, "Hi, mind if I sit down..." ;)

Stuff starts happening as time goes on.... :D

24. NATinlurk

NATinlurk Guest

TRUE for a man that isn't Married... ;)

25. no13

also true for movies :D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.