Hi, I'm new and need some help

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by honeylee, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honeylee

honeylee Registered Member

Hi, I', new and need some help

Hi,
    I have just downloaded Spyware blaster and I like it but I have some questions.
    I acidently clicked exit on the Scotty dog in my taks bar and don't know how to get it back :oops: o_O

Also can anyone tell me if when I get Mcafee updates, does it update on it's own. I get the update message and when I click yes allow it it dosen't let me update it. There for I am not sure if it is updating without me having to do it. When I go to Mcafee it says it is updated. Could this be wrong? I am not very technicle. Thanks for listening.
    Honeylee

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  2. K0zani

K0zani Registered Member

Hello,

And to think you where asking about spyware blaster and I was going to point you to the proper forum for that (chuckling). I use scotty and enjoy his lil bark. Just go to programs winpatrol and click on him or shortcut on the desktop if you have one. He should bark back on into your task bar. Also, that is if in prefrences you have scotty as always on ie, "always run winpatrol".

As for Mcafee, sorry I can not help you much on that one. There are other more knowledgable folk that can and be patient they will respond.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers~

K......

~patience is not a sin nor virtue, it is someone that ran out of all other ideas~

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Honeylee :D, and Welcome to the Forums!

Seeing KOstani has answered the "scotty" question, let's take a look at your second.

For starters, could you tell me if you are on a pre-configured (with online security installed), recently purchased computer?
    Also, the browser you're running?

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.