Hi, I need help

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by angelfromabove, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelfromabove

angelfromabove Registered Member

can people easly track my history or where i've been online? I'm rather pissed off with the factor in abuse but not to ask if i really care

as in don't know them

still i'm 100% private person! and demind if power was to intrude on my only things, I would truely strike them down, still there is not target to strike

and this is a anti market

so how can I know of this and also stop it? any freeware ?

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

yes... people can easily track your history and have total control over you and your privacy. I think you know spywares by now... or trojans...
    Spyware is Internet jargon for Advertising Supported software (Adware). It is a way for shareware authors to make money from a product, other than by selling it to the users. There are several large media companies that offer them to place banner ads in their products in exchange for a portion of the revenue from banner sales. This way, you don't have to pay for the software and the developers are still getting paid. If you find the banners annoying, there is usually an option to remove them, by paying the regular licensing fee.
    Why is it called "Spyware" ?
    While this may be a great concept, the downside is that the advertising companies also install additional tracking software on your system, which is continuously "calling home", using your Internet connection and reports statistical data to the "mothership". While according to the privacy policies of the companies, there will be no sensitive or identifying data collected from your system and you shall remain anonymous, it still remains the fact, that you have a "live" server sitting on your PC that is sending information about you and your surfing habits to a remote location..... there is almost no way for the user to actually control what data is being sent. The fact is that the technology is in theory capable of sending much more than just banner statistics - and this is why many people feel uncomfortable with the idea.

and then there are also many PC surveillance tools that allow a user to monitor all kinds of activity on a computer, ranging from keystroke capture, snapshots, email logging, chat logging and just about everything else. These tools are often designed for parents, businesses and similar environments, but can be easily abused if they are installed on your computer without your knowledge.
    yes .. as they say.. where there is a will there is a way..
    there are ways many... but the foremost is... "CLICK SAFE"
    assuming you hav AVs and ATs and also spyware guards (if not ... do get them pretty soon.. and yes there are freewares too :D )
    You can also do onething if you want total control of hats goin on in your machine... go for ASViewer..

Autostart Viewer
    Key Features

- Over 50 different autostart locations monitored!
    - Right-click menu allows you to take complete control over each autostart
    - Add New Autostart feature allows you to add new programs to automatically start
    - Save/Print functions allow you to take snapshots
    - Resizable, easy-to-use interface that shows every autostart on the one display
    - All sizes, positions and settings are remembered

Download: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/downloads/asviewer.zip
    that will keep you always on your heels
    hope this helps ... and there will be experts more here to give you advices in addition
    thx
    ( NB : oops i was forgetting another winner.. The Cleaner but... :doubt: this doesnt come free ... sorry mate... can try the trial... though and i am sure you will fall in love with it..)

3. angelfromabove

Hi subratam :)

I'm not sure where to get AVs or ATs, i think i've tried spyware guards

In honesty i find the apps confusing alittle to what they offer or do

I've got auto view thing which i've shown here before, I'd like a simple app that stop normal net users from peeping in my privacy, thats all, i don't get bothered by compamy spyware as i have spysweeper which seems to kill off any

thankyou ;)

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

AV = antivirus and
    AT = Antitrojan

There are lots of both available out there, and anyone will tell you to definitely run an antivirus. If you are looking for a free one, I use AVG and it works well so far. Many also recommend Avast! but either way you can probably get better protection with a AV you purchase. I'll practice what I preach soon, hopefully ;-)

Have a look around our front page www.wilders.org under anti-trojans and anti-viruses and you can learn a lot more than I could tell ya ;)

5. angelfromabove

Hi Detox :) I see, I have avg antivirus too so i'll now need at ;)

Also, how can i find out more about my buddys on msn e.g. ip, ther history, there real id, there tracking

Like a msn app that brings up info

I have no time for all this, but if i know more about my attackers then! I'd know almost enough

thankyou

6. angelfromabove

I once got full version of pest petrol and also this special hidden virtual drive

and still a hack killed it off, it's like a fight in the head and the walls of the skull are being used more

I don't know how to combat invisble, and if if (it) is what

hack or just a bug or a crap computer

still I kno people who have computers that never die ever :p

the evil man, the spirit heaven, the toy children, a clown, or blank pain in the end what is it all the same

7. subratam

8. angelfromabove

subratam :) thankyou, I'll d/l now

:doubt: all the luck in the world, and still evil eats the roots making us trees fall down

9. subratam

Angel,
    we can always stand still making our roots guarded by the evil guard :D
    jokes apart... would you say what kind of privacy problem you face?
    you hav spyware guard, AVG and AT very soon... how have you secured your fort??
    its how you are working in your computer is very much important.. and then comes the security utilities just adding to your strengths..
    just to say... to remain secure
    1. keep two AVs (one main AV with resident monitor.. as you want free .. go for AVG.. you hav already and second on demand back up AV just to make sure anything havent got through)
    2. one Anti trojan(told you about them)
    3. the three musketeers (spybot, spywareblaster and spywareguard or adaware - you said you have spyguard its ok then )
    4. one personal firewall(depends whether u want program based or rule based)
    5. B CAUTIOUS AND WORK SAFE(the most important)
    and
    this way... atleast we trees if also fall.. will fall after much later than we wud fall without these :D :D
    thx

10. angelfromabove

Hi subratam, I'm d/ling trojan hunter and others now, i noticed this text on one of the apps are are above it,

Code:
    drag-and-drop file/folder icon into the Folder Window to scan before installing;
    Monitor feature checks all running processes, kill a proces with mouseclicks;
    Once on a restart the screen was black with a password enter, I typed it said incorrect, i tried again and it let me in, a apparition of code?

also I use ultradev and notepad alot and sometimes weird things happen, like When I copy and paste or type e or f etc something shoots up like help, maybe a shortcut function I'd consider it more a evil evil:(

I have some folders I decorated in picture icons thumbnail view! if you understand? me well anyway sometimes the system folders are cutstomized with my images on the folders o_O

it's a joke! but harmless for now

any ideas?

11. subratam

hey angel,
    nice to see you back :)
    reading your queries i would say after downloading the security tools... do run each of them once... see whether any evil :mad: :mad: is caught playing in your computer
    if also you dont find anything i would request you to follow these instructions
    there are many able experts here to help you out to fight the evils...
    keep posting
    thx

12. angelfromabove

good to see you too thankyou subratam :)

My signature now shows what I have, I just installed regrun which if you know has many features ;) :oops: ow no

do all the apps have any great points inwhich i should d/l them all?

I'd rather have it all in one :rolleyes:

13. subratam

hi angel,
    its better you get Spybot , adaware and spywareblaster which are deadly threesome and rest its ok with you i feel
    thx

14. angelfromabove

is this the same spybot? i can't download it yet?!?!?!

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10122137.html?part=104443&subj=dlpage&tag=button

ansd this is the right adaware :) just making sure

http://www.lavasoft.de/

&

http://www.noadware.net/?hop=toppito

[All information you enter via the web can be intercepted
    Your browsing activity can be tracked and monitored]

How? the hell do you do this o_O

15. subratam

hey angel,

lemme give you the links

1. Spybot Search and Destroy

2. Adaware

3. SpywareBlaster

Hope it will help you..

Just read the reply 1 of this thread i gave about spywares... maybe you can get some part if not full of your answer

thx

16. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I would definitely recommend staying far away from "noadware" and their "spyblaster"...

On the other hand Javacool and his SpywareBlaster are a totally different class ;)
    Excellent stuff and no unethical scare tactic pushing like "noadware" uses.

17. angelfromabove

I appreciate your popping in, but i'm now confused ;)?

wilder advertise these, I can't think whats bad about them,

any body else got a perfect combo anti spyware bundle (listing)?

18. subratam

hey angel,
    Detox said to stay far away from "noadware" which is not "Adaware"
    the links i gave about spybot, adware and spywareblaster are one of their class and i dont know if any other perfect combo is there better than these at this moment...
    thx

19. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Let me clarify; stay away from noadware and their "spyblaster"...

the GOOD stuff that we recommend is Javacool's SpywareBlaster.

More likely than not, noadware uses a similar name in order to fool unsuspecting folks who have had Javacool's software rightly recommended to them.

Javacool & SpywareBlaster = good

noadware & Spyblaster = bad (IMHO)

20. angelfromabove

cool, btw what is wrong with noadware is it evil?

co's i had it installed

21. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

By the look of these 2 threads,

http://computercops.biz/postp30320.html

http://miataru.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/7515.html

noadware looks a little suspicious. ;)

snowbound

22. angelfromabove

ow no! thats bad i'm not therez

well, please check your thingy, see image, thats it, is yours all messed up, if not then i'm totally in belief that there is some fee acce ss evil here

did I say, I have had note pad messages! :mad: someone who has a IQ of what ever... f**ink off time users

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.