HI,about firewall!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hennytam, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hennytam

hennytam Registered Member

HI,all, I am a new user,My system is 2000,Can you introduce a best fire wall to me? thank you~!

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

For beginner use, I would recommend in this order.
    Outpost
    Kerio
    LNS

3. Pikachu

Pikachu Registered Member

Hey,
    i think Outpost is a pretty good choice. It had been noticed as an easy-to-use firewall by media, and it really is user-friendly. I mean, it does all the job for you. Basically, it is an application-based firewall that sorts all the programs on your PC in three groups - blocked, trusted and partially trusted. Each group has its own rules of behavior. like, blocked applications are forbidden to connect unnder any circumstances. Trusted are allowed to do anything, and partially trusted can connect only according to rules that Outpost sets on them during the installation. The best part about Outpost is that it recognizes the applications itself, and does not demand any specific knlowledge from you. It figures out itself how your system should work. When you get more experienced you can change all the pre-set settings, of course. Besides, I really like the interface, it is very clear.
    Anyways, check www.agnitum.com , may be you will find it interesting.
    Greetz

4. zoningout

zoningout Guest

I like Zonalarm for a beginner. Good basic firewall and easy to use.

5. zoningout

zoningout Guest

Sorry meant to say Zonealarm FREE is good for a beginner, in the above post.

6. backfolder

backfolder Registered Member

I´ve just tried Kerio 4.0.16. It takes a big amount of resources, more than my holy Norton IS 2004. And the worst of all, once you´ve installed and rebooted your system, it will say that Kerio license is "outdated" (?!?!?), and the trial version won´t work, so you CAN NOT enjoy the pop-up blocker, or privacy or intrusion detection during a month.
    Working is the same as previous, I though...

backfolder.-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.