Hey is anyone else having problems with redefend in a raid set up ?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Brother Esau, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Esau

Brother Esau Registered Member

I had downloaded it last night and I like it very much Ihad it installed on my regular formatted IDE drive and all was well but when I install it on my Raid 0 array I get totally different affects frm that of the ordinary drive! I notice that in the raid set up it lets me open every program even just being installed ion that set up but on the other winblows install on my Hitachi Ulta ata it wants verificcation for every little thing until it gets used to the drill. Now I have tried reinstalling this on my raid set up like 3 different times different downloads and every thing what gives? Is regdefend know to have issues running in a raid set up?

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Brother Esau,
    As far as I am aware RegDefend shouldn't have any issues with whatever type of hard disk setup you have. The way RegDefend works is by processing the "rules" that are defined for it and as a result you either get prompted to allow/deny or registry actions will be blocked or allowed

In order to understand your problem properly, it would be useful if you could include some of the information that you are seeing in your logs when you are booted from your raid setup and it might also be worth mentioning the version of RegDefend that you are using

You can copy log entries by highlighting multiple rows and then typing control-C to copy the data into the clipboard. After that you can paste the information into a post so that it can be reviewed by someone here (there are quite a few people that help out when somebody has issues)

Hope that helps a little (or at least makes a start on resolving your problem)

3. Brother Esau

Current version! And the problem seems to be that the results of the way the app works in the 2 different drive set ups is stagering on the regular windows set up regdefend whats confiration everytime that you try to open a program on the raid set up it hardly does anything unless for example you say disable lan controller then of course it want confirmation but omnly in instances like that on the raid set up. yes I am useing regdefend in both os's not app defend!

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No issues here on two different Raid 0 setups.

Pete

5. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I am also using Raid 0

6. gottadoit

Brother Esau,
    In order to progress your issue, would you be willing to describe the RegDefend ruleset that you are using and give some entries from the RD logs (indicating which ones resulted in you being prompted).
    Most RegDefend issues are straightforward to diagnose once you are familiar with what is happening, but the logs are required because they show what is happening and can often help explain what is happening and then lead towards a solution

At the moment I am making a guess, but given your current description of the problem it sounds a little like either you have a different set of rules in each windows installation (presumably you have 2 for 2 different "drive setups"), or that in the "regular windows setup" a program is running that is changing/deleting a registry key being monitored by the RegDefend ruleset and causing the "chatty" behaviour where you are getting lots of prompts. However, log entries and knowing what program and key you are getting the alerts for is the key to understanding what is happening

Hoping we can be of help

7. Brother Esau

Its pretty much as I explained both were done on fresh installs of xp and the only security software ion both installs that I had installed prior to redefend was ADAWARE thats it! I really dont know what else to say with the exception that I tried reinstalling it about 3 times on the raid set up due to the inconsistency in behaivor compared to the regular drive thats all.

8. gottadoit

Brother Esau,
    Thanks for the explanation, can you copy some logs into a post (and describe which ones resulted in prompts) because that is really required in order to be able to "see" what the problem is

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.