Here's a new cleaner.

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by notageek, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I know this is re inventing the wheel here but I thought People might want to take a look at this free Internet Cleaner. http://www.privacyeraser.com/free-internet-eraser.htm
    Here's a little about it.
    "Free Internet Eraser protects your Internet privacy by erase internet history and past computer activities. Even though, many of the tasks can be performed manually, Free Internet Eraser can automate this process for you. Free Internet Eraser allows you to erase the cookies, history, visited URLs, typed URLs of your browser, and Window's temp folders, run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents and more. In addition, you can have Free Internet Eraser automatically clean your files when Windows is started or shutdown. Free Internet Eraser implements the US Department of Defense DOD 5220.22-M and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once deleted with Free Internet Eraser, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered. Free Internet Eraser comes with an attractive, WindowsXP style interface and is easy to use."

2. controler

controler Guest

It appears you need the PRO version to use the plugins for the tracks
    of your APPS.

Doesn't Spy Bot S&D allreadyinclude all the plugins listed on their plugin page?

Plus Spybot does have a secure file wips funtion also.

Then there is Eraser which does alot too and is free.

con

3. notageek

Hi Controller. Spybot S&D does niclude most of what's on the plug in page of Privacy Eraser but there are a few that spybot don't offer yet. But there is a few that spybot offers that Privacy Eraser don't offer. I haven't tried this yet but a friend has and told me it will clean the mozilla family stuff also. I'm not sure on how good Spybot file wier is. I haven't used it yet. I use eraser for that or PGP wiper. As for eraser you have to configure that and people that don't know what to do won't be able to configure it.

As for having to have the pr version to use the plug ins i'm not sure on that. I'll downloaded it later and play with the free version to see.

4. notageek

OK I downloaded it and installed it you have to buy the pro version for the plug ins. Sorry. But it's is not that bad if you want a small program to delete the left behinds from the internet and what not. It don't work on Mozilla. I don't know why my friend said it did. I'll have to ask him that. But it do what it said it would do in the free version.

5. controler

controler Guest

I am using Firefox now and it has an option to clear most of the browser stuff. I like the speed of this browser.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Plus this software

http://www.winxp-manager.com/

con

6. notageek

Oh I use Mozilla and use Cleanup! and disk cleaner buy only once a month though. Thanks Controller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.