Here is a tip for those getting BSOD or PG start up errors

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Socio, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I have been getting random PG startup errors at boot up (which continue even after re-booting) and though less frequent, BSOD's as well since I started using PG. I have un-installed and re-installed PG when this happens and it will work for a while but would eventually get a BSOD or a PG startup error again.

It was obvious it had to be a problem with PG loading during boot up, I figured it was most likely a registry problem perhaps something trying to load that no longer existed or was mis-configured.

This last time when I got a PG startup error instead of going to trouble of un-installing & re-installing PG or even WinXP which I was contemplating I got a registry cleaner Registry Mechanic to be exact.

I ran it and it found 283 problems I had it repair them all, re-booted, PG started just fine and has been running great ever since.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi Socio,

hm, may be a good clue, thanks you for the idea :)

regards,

gkweb.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Socio, Thanks for the information:) The registry is a dumping ground for many programs and needs regular cleaning like your hard disk, defragmenting the registry is also a good idea after you clean it out.

Pilli

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.