Here is a good one

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bigc73542, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Like Microsoft would use Yahoo mail :D Pretty sad attempt. But someone will fall for it. You would think that they would at least spell check.

MOTTO: FIGHTING POVERTY AROUND THE WORLD

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT,
    61-70 SOUTHAMPTON ROW, BLOOMSBURY LONDON
    UNITED KINGDOM WC1B 4AR.
    Dear Mr/Mrs/Sir/Madam:

Today, we announce the 10 lucky winners of the MICROSOFT LOTTERY PROGRAM held on 12th OCTOBER 2007. Your company or your personal e-mail address, attached to the Chip Number: 8977742, won in the First lottery category 001. Your email address has brought you an unexpected luck, please read through this message.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of B#1,000,000 GBP (One Million Great Britain Pounds) in cash credited to file MSW/9080118308/02/LA.This is from a total cash prize of B#10.000,000 GBP(Ten Million Great Britain Pounds) shared amongst the ten (10) lucky winners.

All participants were selected through our Microsoft computer ballot system,
    drawn from Canada, Asia, Australia, United States, Europe, Middle East,
    Africa and Oceania .As part of international "MICROSOFT™ USER"
    promotions program, this is conducted annually.and this is your clamining procedure.
    REF.:pEC/9030108308/07.
    Batch: 15/76/EF36.
    Serial No: SALP97585.
    FILE No: B665 75608567.
    Security code: ZA/183/RR

This is a part of our precautionary measure to avoid unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements.

Note that all claims process and clearance procedures must be duly completed early to avoid impersonation arising to the issue of double claim, you are advised to keep this notice to yourself because we shall not be responsible for any divert of funds as a result of you disclosing your lottery award details,

I hereby advice you to report to the Microsoft lottery claims agent whose information is stated below.

AWARD SPONSORS
    MICROSOFT™ CORPORATION.

Please call your claim agent if your mail was not responded to within 24 hours:

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CONTACT INFORMATIONS TO BOTH EMAILS PROVIDED ABOVE.
    1, Full Names:
    2, Date of birth:
    3, Present Contact Address:
    4, Country Of Residence:
    5, Tel/Fax:
    6, Your Winning serial and ref. no.:
    7, Winning Email address:
    8, Occupation
    9, Sex:
    10 Total amount won: £1,000,000.000
    11, Mode Of Payment

CONTACT PERSON: Dr.George Brown
    E-MAIL:drgorgebrown@yahoo.co.uk
    TEL : +447-024-013-536
    Do email the above mentioned person, at once with all the claims requirements below. In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications.
    The above requirements are needed to enable the immediate release of your won prize.Remember, all prize money must be claimed within 30 days of this Notification . all funds not claimed on or before the fixed data will be returned as unclaimed and donated to charity organizations. Congratulations, once more from the entire management and staff of Microsoft tm co-operation to all our lucky winners this year .

Thanks you for being part of this promotional lottery program.

Sincerely,
    (SECRETARY)
    Best Regards,

Mrs. Edlyn Albert
    Secretary Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lottery

NOTE: Do not reply this mail. You are to contact your claims processor immediately via email. make sure you keep your winning data confidencal to aviod dobule cleming . Have it in mind that this is not a Scam.

WARNING!!! ANY MAIL RECIEVED OF THIS SUCH WITH ANY OTHER TRADE MARK OR ADDRESS SHOULD BE FOWARDED TO YOUR CLAIMS PROCESSOR,IMMEDIATELY; FOR WE HAVE OBSARVE THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF SCAMMERS GOING AROUND THE WORLD THROGH INTERNANET CLAMING TO BE MICROSOFT LOTTERY , PLEASE ANY MAIL RECIEVED OF THIS SUCH WITH ANY OTHER TRADE MARK OR ADDRESS SHOULD BE FOWARDED TO YOUR CLAIMS PROCESSOR THIS WILL HELP US TO FIGHT SCAM AND LOTTERY IMPOSTERS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED CO-OPERATION.

Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lottery, property of the Microsoft Inc. CopyrightB. 2007. All Rights reserved.

Attached Files:

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

ROFL
    Hey compared to some I know, that is Good spelling; dhat wull nit putanyone eff. lol.

Right: MS giving away $$: PMF :) That's what tipped me off :blink: lol

Heh heh heh
    Nonetheless, as you say, some one will click. o_O

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

They will click indeed, we had regularly victims in our little Free Lotto Forum, when I was still a mod there.
    A mother with kids spent all her savings to get the big winning and was already dreaming of a new house, new car, ... and she visited us how to get her money back.

Some victims didn't even believe us and I had to search on the internet to prove I was right. Pffft.

4. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

It's sad that people still fall for these scams. I had a guy come into my office swearing he won cash in a lottery and all he had to do was send a processing fee. Even after I called the Secretary of State's office to confirm it was a scam, he was insisting it was legit. He did not like my answer and I never saw him again. I'd bet the house that he sent the money.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What's missing in all this is the proper education. Here is the place to get it.:D

http://www.universityofnigeria.com/

Pete

A sample course.

Statistical Psychology 200 ( CRN: 69735 )
    Research has proven that .001 percent of the world population is completely stupid, ignorant to the world around them, and will believe anything. Using this information, you will learn how to launch a mass email to 100 million people around the world and use basic psychology skills to get .001 percent of the sample group to send you money. If for example, you ask them to send you $10,000 each, .001 percent will do so and yield you a $1,000,000,000 return on your investment! (Prerequisite: Macro Economics 101 & History and World Events 400)

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Yes, fighting poverty around the world. In this case, the "world" happens to be the sender's own pocketbook. :rolleyes:

Sheesh, can't you use a simple spell checker? LOL

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Let me ask, why the scam mails usually have wrong spelling?
    They can,t spell check or what?

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Aigle

If you check out Scamorama or 419eater, guys who bait the scammers what you will see is they aren't very bright folks.

Pete

9. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hunt around for "Butch Driveshaft" of "Anus Laptops". This guy is the mother of all Scam Baiters.... having scammers pay shipping for washing machines full of scrap metal is .. well, nearly as good as when he sent them the oven :)

*Edit* Just a note, that the scambaits posted by Butch Driveshaft may contain some colorful language **

10. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

...... unscrupulous elements? Surely not :D

11. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Those are two very colorful handle names. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.