Helvetica Font help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sportsfan7700, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I like the font Helvetica but every time I try to make it the default in Firefox, it re directs to Arial, no matter what I try. So...

1). Is that normal? If I can't have a genuine download of helvetica ttf (it may be hard to find for free) since I've looked, what could be causing the re direct? (I've searched Google for 2 1/2 days looking for a solution) with no results

2). What are the closest free alternatives that have an easy downloadable ttf to Helvetica? There seem to be many choices and I wondered what y'all thought?

Matt

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Since readability is perhaps the most important criterium when selecting a default screen font, I suggest Segoe UI - Microsoft's very own Frutiger clone.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Does your operating system recognize and accept your ttf file or is it just FF that's a problem. Do you have a word processor or some other software that uses fonts you could check and see if it works there? It sounds like it might be FF. If the operating system was rejecting it, you probably wouldn't even see it as available in FF.

As far as Helvetica, I looked and looked for a free download of it myself and finally gave up and went back to Arial. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.