HELP PARTITIONMAGIC PROBLEM

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by elvisio, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvisio

elvisio Registered Member

Dear all,

NEED all the help i need for this...  i have used the partition magic to increase the size of my c drive. i have 80gb harddisk, which c drive size is too small , so i decided use partition magic to increase the size from d to c.. when the system is partitioning it, it prompts error , clicking retry doesnt help at all... so it was ignore.

when i try to restart my pc, i was not able to do anything , kept restaring safe mode or anything doesnt boot up.

WHAT CAN I DO? Please help... i have tones of important files.

elvin
    <snip>

edited to remove personal email - Detox

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, you don't make a lot of sense at all without any spaces and to be honest it looks a little cut & pasted that way.

3. elvisio

elvisio Registered Member

Very sorry, i cant think properly knowing that i cant access all my data or start my windows.

basically i have a harddisk 80gb in size, by factoring it is partitioned into c and d drive. c drive which has all the windows files and d drive for all my data etc...

just found out today that my c drive is running out of space with 13 mb left, so i have decided to partition my c drive so it will have more space from d.

after doing the wizard partition, system restart... there were some error asking me to retry, ignore, ignore all. i tried retry but it was no use, then i choose ignore.

upon finishing its task, my window no longer able to restart.... even in safe mode .... when i select safe, it lists a whole bunch of files which the system cannot access mainly windows/system

I have no idea how i can restart my system now, most importantly all my data etc.

i hope there is some way i can fix this.....

elvin

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

elvin,

Welcome to Wilder's. Too bad it is not under better circumstances.

Very Important! Stop and wait before you do anything else to your drive!
    Some of your data may still be salvageable. But not if you keep trying to repartition etc. The data will still be there if you take a break to think about the best next step.

5. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I take it you don't have a recent backup (or any backup) of your data?

Here are some related links:
    Why you should back up your RAID 1 mirroring array My most recent data loss event.

hard disk recovery

Software for Data Recovery from Hard Drive

Spinrite 6 review

You said it is an 80 GB drive, which means it is not part of a RAID array.
    Spinrite may work for you.
    Have the drive put into a working computer as a slave and run Spinrite on it.
    Make sure you have enough space (85 - 90GB minimum) on the good computer's hard drive(s) to copy the recovered data.
    Allocate a lot of time too, because recovery can be very slow.

Good Luck! (and remember to use a reliable image backup program in the future)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Elvin,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis Software cannot help in resolving this problem.

The possible solution may be to perform the following operation:

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
    COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

In case your operating system still does not boot, perform Windows Repair Installation as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

We can offer you to use our Acronis True Image 9.0 to prevent such situations. It is intended to create backups of your system. Please take a look at the appropriate section at our web site.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.