HELP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zooband, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooband

zooband Registered Member

Hi all,
    I have been backing up with True Image for quite a while now then just the other day the computer at work went down, I inserted the rescue cd and brought up the true image, I then selected the most recent backup to restore. Once I had done this the computer told me it was corrupt, I tried another and another and another all of which was corupt!
    At the end I finally found a backup from November 2004 which worked!
    I still have all the backups on the hard drive, is there something Iam doing wrong, is tthere anyway I can salvage the data on the backups?

I now have System Works which includes Ghost 2005, unless somebody can tell me why this kept happening I will no longer have the confidence to use True Image.

PS. There has never been a virus of any sort on this computer!

Kevin

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Hi Kevin

The most frequent cause of corrupted backups seems to be related to bad memory in the PC so I suggest that you run a check on your memory. If you do have a bad stick of memory then you may find that if you check your backups again (after replacing or removing the bad memory) that they are not corrupted at all. If the backups really are corrupted then you may still be able to mount them using 'explore image' and possibly recover files and folders that way. Not ideal but a possible way of getting a current set of data.

It's always best to occasionally verify images and then you can be alerted to corrupted images before you need to restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.