help

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kayee, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayee

Kayee Registered Member

umm... after i downloaded processguard , i installed it and everything was fine till i started it and this came up

ps: theres a picture of what the programmed looked like

thx in advance

Attached Files:

• bah.JPG
      bah.JPG
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Kayee

Please give us a little information:

1. What kind of system, and what operating system
    2. Exactly in detail how you installed it. ie did you turn off your av etc.

Pete

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

did you have some registry protector running, like regprot or the one in "spy sweeper", or another one? that could have interfered with the installation of the reg keys that start PG..

if you have any programs protecting the registry, i would disable that protection, carefully uninstall pg, and then reinstall it..

to uninstall pg, i disable pg's prtotection, then close the associated processes in "task manager", then run the uninstall from add/remove.. then, there are usually two files leftover in c/windows/system32, "pghash.dat" and "pguard.dat".. i delete those..

after you uninstall pg, i would try to make sure that there are not any pg regkeys leftover in "startup".. one way that you could do that would be to use "spybot"/"tools"/"system startup".. or, you could use "regedit", or some other program to access "startup".. here is the location of the "startup" keys in the registry:

hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/windows/currrent version/run

hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/current version/run

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  4. earth1

earth1 Registered Member

Hi Kayee,

You may have a different problem, but that is the screen I get if I try to start procguard.exe from a user account. If the account you logged into does not have Administrator privileges, trying logging into an admin account to see if that helps. You probably want to continue logging in as Administrator until you've finished with Learning Mode.

When I log in to a user account, I have a shortcut to procguard.exe with the "RunAs" option checked, so that procguard.exe can run with admin privileges.

I assume you did install it as Administrator (if not you may need to reinstall).

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.