HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by foxygramy, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxygramy

foxygramy Registered Member

can someone please help me please first i installed spyblaster and marked what i thoughtthe right things to protect against. when i went to use my i won.com it wont show , it says restricted . a couple of other things were restricted. tried to change everthing back couldnt do it looked up some of the things in forum found where someone was told to unstall and reinstall did that still in a mess i guess i dontknow what to ex please help me get the things back i did the save thing so where do i go from here i guess you cant teach an OLD GRAMY new tricks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi foxygramy,

Okay, the first thing we need to point out is that uninstalling SpywareBlaster does not remove it's protections, so that isn't going to help I'm afraid. :doubt:

SpywareBlaster's protections can all be removed right from it's main screen... Open SpywareBlaster. On the lower half of the main screen, under "Quick Tasks", click on the "Disable All Protection" link. That will disable all SpywareBlaster protections so that you can test to see if SpywareBlaster is causing the different issues you are seeing. Once disabled, you restart your browser and see if that fixes each of the different problems you saw. If it doesn't then it isn't SpywareBlaster causing the problem.

Next, I just did a quick check and I do not see iwon.com in SpywareBlaster's restricted sites listing. (You can check for yourself also off the main protection screen, click on "Restricted Sites" and scroll through the listing.)

What I did find is that "Spybot - Search & Destroy" has *.iwon.com as one of its "Immunize" protections. Do you also have Spybot S&D installed?

For each problem that you see, you'd need to look case by case and see which product is protecting the item you don't want protected. Then it's a matter of either manually unsetting the protection for those few items, or discontinue using the product altogether. But that is not advised since there are many hundreds of protections and probably of a few that you want removed.

3. foxygramy

foxygramy Registered Member

thank you so very much. tell me what i have to do to manually get i won back thats really the only one i want back. im the one that exed it out thru spyblaster iwas really surprised to get an answer so quickly im sorry i marked it wrong but all that gobbily goop i dont understand what the mean im an old lady just now trying to learn this stuff o_O :oops:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You can remove any site that is in your Internet Explorer's Restricted sites list by clicking through these commands: In an IE window > under "Tools" menu > select "Internet Options..." > click "Security" tab > highlight the "Restricted sites" icon > press the "Sites..." button > in the "Web sites" listing, scroll down and highlight the one you want to take out ("*.iwon.com" in this case) > press the "Remove" button > and then the "OK" buttons to get out.

Since Spybot S&D sets this specific entry, any time you re-Immunize with Spybot you'll need to remove this entry again. I'm not sure, but I don't think Spybot's Immunize function has an selective "ignore" to prevent a single site from being immunized again. :doubt:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.