HELP!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by littleone, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleone

littleone Registered Member

I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right section, but here goes. I just recently did a snapshot of my settings etc, and did so when there was a virus on my comp. I have corrected the actual virus, but it still remains in the "snapshot" and causes my antivirus to scan and warn me millions of times. I know it's still there so how do I delete the old snapshot and/or get rid of the virus. If it helps, I could copy and paste the location of the virus that my computer gives me...

Thanks in advance.
    Littleone

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, yes - please tell us where your anti-virus says the virus is located.

Since you are posting in the SpywareBlaster forum, I'm wondering if you are talking about SpywareBlaster's system snapshot feature. But, an anti-virus ought to be able to clean a virus from there, so it doesn't seem likely.

I'm thinking it might actually be in the Window's System Restore area, which exists on Windows XP and Windows ME systems. When a virus gets stuck in there, no anti-virus can clean it out.

If it is System Restore then the solution is to empty it by following the procedures outlined at either of these sites:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.htm

http://www.norman.com/virus_info/me_restore.shtml

Let us know if it is not System Restore, and the files are being found in some other area, otherwise try clearing it as described above.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.