HELP>>> Your license will run out in 6 days????????

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by SweX, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Najmi

Najmi Registered Member

thanks mate.

Edit: do we get a change log from beta1a to beta1b?

2. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

NOT impressed:

1) It still says 1a at the top of the main window.
    2) Error: 'Failed to read firewall configuration'
    3) Still no 'Context Menu Scan'

...long time waiting...for what?? :(

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1. for GUI to get refreshed, you'll need to restart the computer or close egui.exe and start it again as mentioned in the note on the beta download page.

2. should the error appear after a computer reboot, please contact technical support via the built-in form in ESS.

3. as it's been already announced, 64x support and context menu scanning will be added to beta 2. The current release was beta 1b.

4. JeremyWW

Sorry Marcos - woke up with the grumps this morning!

I un-installed and re-installed in the end (that's just me...prefer to do that with Beta's), so yes, it now says 1b...

Firewall error has not reoccurred.

In my enthusiasm to download I didn't read a damn thing... :oops:

I'll now wear sackcloth for an hour...

5. osip

osip Registered Member

Well,the topic reveals the level of expectations from ESET product lover´s...I have a feeling that this product will take the breath from competitors...Not a single problem with the lightest of the lightest...A brilliant team behind a brilliant product...

6. JeremyWW

Indeed - and to make it clear what my views are...I have already made the decision to purchase 2 ESS licences (or upgrade from my NOD32 licences if that's on offer) - the minute it's released. I've been through the K*s*e*s*y loop and I was soooo impressed...I asked for a refund! (...and got one...!)

Jeremy

P.S Can I get a bit of technical help here?...Can some kind person explain to me why I get Firewall requests for 'Generic Host Processes' (lots of them) after a couple of restarts...or even longer. I'm not worried by them as I guess it's 'normal' - I just don't understand what they are! Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  7. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

The GREEN icon is back and installed perfectly over the top of 1a.

8. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

9. thezman

thezman Registered Member

looks good but it is a bit heavier than 1a was at least on my system.. using 42-44 now 1a was about 35 or so...?? i had no issues to report with 1a so i cant say its really any different yet

10. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

Beta 1b is up and running here with no problems. The resource usage seems the same to me as 1a at about 28mb or so. NO noticable slow downs here. Haven't had much time to test it though, but so far so good.

11. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

Hi Jeremy

The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) is a host process to be used by other Windows services that are in DLL form. Svchost.exe can be in control of more than one of these dll's for any single svchost process, and there can be many instances of the svchost process running at any time on your system.
    Basically things like Windows Time, Diagnostic System, RPC, even Win Defender use the svchost process to call out to MS or wherever they need.

A really cool new feature in Vista's Task Mgr will show you exactly what services are associated to what process. Right click on any running process in Task Mgr, and select "Go to Services". It switches to the services tab and the host service(s) for that process will be highlighted...very cool!! It also works the other way too, service to process, so anytime you want to see what that svchost process is running you can with this method. Remember too, that there can be numerous services attached to one svchost process thread so when you look, make sure to go thru the entire list to see them all.

Dave

12. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

A quick question from me now.

Mayth stated that with this build it is not needed to uninstall the previous build first, that this can be installed ON TOP of the older build now....is that correct? The initial page still states that this is Not Supported yet, but has this capability now been added, and the page just not fully updated as of yet?

Thx for your comments!

Dave

13. osip

osip Registered Member

Correct! Read here:http://www.eset.com/beta/changelog.php

14. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

I installed over the top with no problems

15. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Wrote to Eset stating my problem (six days expiry warning) and got a very prompt reply giving me an ID and a password valid till next year. Re-installed Beta 1b ovet 1a, entered the new info and the program seems to perform normally.

16. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

Huh??

The Beta's do not require you to input any user ID or password, all that's needed is to install 1b and the warning is gone, I don't know what your talking about?
    Also, the Beta's will expire as soon as the Final is released, so why would you get anything valid until next year?

Your post doesn't make sense to me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.