Help With win32/trojandownloader.small.nsl trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by At0mang, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At0mang

At0mang Registered Member

Hi,
    I am using Windows Vista and have NOD32 v2.7 up to date. When I am surfing the net IMON warns me for win32/trojandownloader.small.nsl trojan from iframedollars.biz. I am not on this website and I notice the warning popups when I have my favorites folder open. I ran a full scan on the machine but everything comes up clean. Can anyone please help me locate where my browser is calling iframedollars.biz to try to download the infected file.

Thanks.

I deleted all cookies and internet cache too.

TIA

2. burf

burf Registered Member

A program like Spybot, or AdAware, will usually detect where it might be.

3. At0mang

I tried...I am having bigger problems now. My security center and Vista firewall will not turn on.

NOD32 has let me down...something got past it and I thought Vista was suppose to be more secure...

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please check your settings against those HERE

After this run a scan by following these steps:

1. Click on the NOD32 Control Centre (Green and White split square on the bottom right hand corner of your computers screen).
    2. Click on NOD32.
    3. Click on Run NOD32.
    4. Click on “Scan and Clean”.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

5. At0mang

Thanks for the tips. I tried what you suggest and nothing was found but still having the same problems. I ran NOD32 twice with nothing be found. I ran Ad Aware-SE with just cookies being removed. Then I ran Spybot and it deleted the registry entries that was causing the firewall and security center to be disabled. I was able to enable them but after next reboot everything was disabled once again.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send a log from Hijackthis to support[at]eset.com along with a link to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.