Help with Vonage

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by agent797, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent797

agent797 Registered Member

Can someone create a rule set for Vonage with these settings acquired from Vonage. I tried but I don't know if am right or wrong. Want to compare my rules with what people come up with. TKS

These are the ports that Vonage requires to be OPEN for successful use of the Vonage device (the ability to make and receive calls, download device profiles, firmware, etc). Under most circumstances these ports are already opened or allowed. You must be careful to not inadvertently close them.

The following ports are needed for OUTGOING Internet communications from the Vonage device to the Vonage servers.

DNS: Port 53 UDP (Domain Name Server - for resolving server IP addresses)

TFTP: Port 69 UDP (for profile upgrades/downgrades)

HTTP: Port 80 UDP (for firmware upgrades/downgrades)

NTP: Port 123 UDP (Network Time Protocol - so the device can sync to the proper time for Caller ID)

SIP: Port 5061 UDP is used for older Vonage devices (devices provisioned before 2005) Also, BSP Proxy Groups 1-8, and a.voncp.com communicate on port 5061.

The following ports are needed for INCOMING and OUTGOING Internet communications from and to Vonage devices and servers.

RTP (Voice) Traffic: Ports 10000-20000 UDP. When a call is made, a random port between 10000 and 20000 is used for RTP (Voice) traffic. If any of these ports are blocked, you may experience one way or no audio

2. agent797

agent797 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.