Help with Spyware Doctor Results

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Soujirou, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soujirou

Soujirou Registered Member

I decided to try the trial/free version of Spyware Doctor and on my second scan I was presented with this and do not know how to submit it:

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spydoctorby5.png

During the first scan it only detected the second backdoor. I use NOD32 3.0 and SUPERAntiSpyware right before and they failed to detect anything. I ran Dr. Web CureIt and it detected some bug (sorry I forgot) and got rid of it. I ran Spyware Doctor again to double check and it found two backdoors instead of one.

So I ran BitDefender's online scanner and it did not find anything, then downloaded Avira Classic and it failed to detect anything. Is there anyway to determine whether or not this is a legitimate malware? Thanks.

2. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

Doesn't is say which files exactly are infected?

3. Soujirou

Not as far as I can tell unless it's under another option. That's part of why I am having trouble submitting them.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I would search on the internet with "Backdoor.Radmin" and "Backdoor.Codbot.Gen" and you probably will find objects (registry, files) related to both.
    If these objects are on your system, you know a little more.

P.S.: Looking at your picture in the original post, did you click on the "+" signs to view more details, maybe the objects, who are responsible ?

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  5. Soujirou

I did see the registry keys on the first scan, but I believe I forgot to check them on the second scan since I was in a rush to get to work. I'm glad you pointed that out, I will try to get that first one to appear again and submit the file. As for the registry keys, does that mean I need to delete them or change them?

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm not going to advice anything, I'm not qualified for this and my unqualified advice could cause problems on your computer.
    If you want an opinion from other members, you have to show these objects in full detail.

Otherwise you have to visit a Malware Forum with a HijackThis Log.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

P.S.: I installed Spyware Doctor v5.5.1.321 myself in order to find possible false positives.
    I did a full scan, but SD didn't find anything, not even a f/p. So I didn't get any wiser.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Did u try this?

Attached Files:

8. Soujirou

I ran it again and expanded both boxes to show all of the results as can be seen here:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8146/scanresults2uc1.png

The backdoor.radmin is definitely a false positive. During the second scan that I rushed through the results of, it had identified a different file as a backdoor.radmin so I believe this program may just be too aggressive.

Bearing that in mind, should I do anything about the registry keys for the backdoor.codbot.gen?

9. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I have found that the modern Spyware Doctor from Pctools is extremely unreliable. The only thing you can be fairly sure of is that it will cause problems !

If you have a malware problem, I suggest you try all other non-rogue programs before messing with the Spyware Doctor.

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

While I cannot help in this case, I tried SD at least twice, and uninstalled it both times because of FP.
    That seems to be a characterisitc of SD from what I have read in the past.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.