Help with script

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by WRice, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRice

WRice Registered Member

I am having a problem with a script that is created with Hard Drive Manager 2010. It runs the first time creating the file on a network drive but the next time it is scheduled to run it errors out and does not over write the existing file. What am I doing wrong.

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What is the error? I didn't see where it is supposed to overwrite existing files

3. WRice

WRice Registered Member

This script was created using and example that was posted in an earlier thread on this web site intended to make a full backup every week and over write the existing one. I will attach the example. If this is not the result from this p[ease tell me what I need to do to make it happen. Please rename the extension on this file from .txt to .pdf before opening.

Attached Files:

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I can see from the pdf that
    "..
    In summary, there is now two scheduled backups to run every 2 weeks and alternate between weeks. With
    Generate Unique names for scheduled backups disabled, the two images will be overwritten and updated every
    two weeks. Although the scheduled tasks are to run on Sundays, the full base backups need to be run once to
    create the differential backups.
    .."

but what was the error message you were getting?

5. WRice

WRice Registered Member

After running each of the two scripts so that the differential scripts can be generated the next time the full backup is ran on sunday it comes up ans says paragon backup has encountered an error and the program needs to be closed. Checking the acrhieve folder it erases the file and leaves it empty. I have ran chkdsk on both the network storage drive and on the hard drive it is backing up and no errors have been found. Any ideas as to what is happening?

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

is the backup drive on the network somewhere? maybe network congestion? anything in comp event viewer logs?

7. WRice

WRice Registered Member

There is no congestion on network. If I manually run the script again after it has failed and the archive folder is empty it completes and stores a new file but wheb sunday schuled time comes again it fails agian doing the same error leaving the archive empty again. The error message says there has bee a problem with the paragon backup program and it needs to be closed.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  8. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It is bug in old builds. Did you check if any updates are available for HDM in My Account?
    Release date for available version should be ~ 22-10-2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.