Help with Paragon?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by argus tuft, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Hi all,
    I'm having a few problems with Paragon HD manager 8, and would really appreciate any help.

I just got a 320GB samsung HD, and mounted it in an external casing, which windows recognizes, the "disc view" tab in paragon recognizes, but the "volume explorer" tab doesn't. Neither does the recovery disc :(
    Paragon cannot recognize the HD as a samsung, it just says "unknown model" Would this be the problem? (I wouldn't have thought it'd make any difference?)

I've put other HD's in the casing, and the recovery disc sees them fine. Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Failing that, are there any reliable, free alternatives?
    Thanks in advance, argus

Edit~ I ended up trying the Drive Image XML plugin for BARTPE boot disc, which does recognize the external drive, and it has seemingly created a successful image.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I have experienced similar problems with removable ATA HDDs (as well as with my external USB2 HDD) when using PHDM 8.5 (and with both the Linux and WinPE recovery CDs)!

Other than that problem, PHDM appears to be an excellent and versatile product, but the issue is too fundamentally important to ignore! Fwiw, I do not have any such problems with Acronis software or their recovery CDs (but alas, Acronis is not freeware).

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

As much as i always been an avid PARAGON supporter since they rescued me more time than i can count as well as made everything much user friendly without the errors from the others, one thing i have noticed with PARAGON.

I don't purchase anymore PERSONAL versions of any of them, only the Pro versions. Those work to perfection for me where their Personal Models seem to be not exactly up to standard as one might expect.

Just something to consider maybe about PARAGON.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

The issues I have with PHDM 8.5 (post #2) occur while using the Pro version!

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I see.

I would bring this to their attention since it seems related to external drives, i only use internal drives or flashUSBpens, and Paragon always recognizes them, but i think your issue is a very valid one indeed and needs addressed since USB external HD's are more common now than b 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.