Help with Paragon Home 10 Restore DVD's

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by camper913, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camper913

camper913 Registered Member

I purchased this program the other day. It took two backups to get one that would verify that they were "good". Now I want to try to restore with them. Not recover, but restore as my computer is fine. Seeing as the backup DVD's are bootable, do I just insert into my dvd drive and restart and it will erase my drive and restore from the DVD's, or do I use the Restore option in the Paragon program. I'm trying to learn how to use this program.

Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

camper913,

To restore from CD/DVD backups:
    * boot from Backup CD
    * select Normal mode
    * click Simple Restore wizard
    * in the wizard click Next
    * in the list select required image, click Next
    * in the Image properties review backup info, click Next
    * select Hard Disk where to restore backup, click Next
    * review restore results , click Next
    * the restore operation will be started. Wait until it will be completed.

3. camper913

Thanks Mech AM, that will help me a lot.
    I have a question about the WinPE Based Recovery CD download you get with the paid version. Do you just burn it to a CD or DVD and it's ready to go. Has it a copy of the Paragon Backup and Recover 10 Home in it, or what.

Thanks

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, It has a copy of the Paragon program on it.

It comes either in a self burning package ( just put a blank unformatted cd recordable in the dvd drive ), run the self burning package and that's it.

You also get the option to d/l just an .iso - you would need to use your own burning app. for that.

Boot the winpe cd - use Paragon to backup/restore/ undelete/fix boot problems, etc.

5. camper913

Thanks both Mech An and SIW2. Both of you really helped me as the Help part on this program has a lot of no info.

So to restore from backup CD's or DVD's (No computer problems) just boot from 1st backup disk and go from there.

If problems with computer and can't boot from backup CD's or DVD's, use the WinPE booth disk. Is both of these right.

My next question is, When doing a backup useing Smart Backup Wizard, and you get to what to backup screen, the help part gives no info on what.
    Under My Computer, you have,
    Basic Hard Disk 0
    First Hard Disk Track
    Master Boot Record
    Then C
    Then D Factory_Image
    So what do you put a check mark in to do a Complete backup to back to a time as the backup was made.

Thanks for all the help, info I can get.

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Yes.
    In general, there is no need to boot from WinPE separately.
    To perform restore (even if your Windows is not available), just boot from first Backup CD and start Restore wizard.
    Then you will be prompted to select Backup and destination.

If Linux-based recovery environment from Backup CD fails to recognize your hardware & won't boot, then you can use WinPE Recovery CD:
    * boot from WinPE CD
    * start Restore wizard
    * eject WinPE CD
    * insert Backup CD
    * select CD\DVD in Restore wizard
    * follow the wizard

You need to select entire Hard Disk 0. All sub-categories will be selected automatically. Keep Hard Disk 0 selection and follow the wizard.

7. camper913

Mech An, thanks very much for your help. To me, the help section in the program is built for programers and not the general public that will be useing this program. I sent a request for help to Paragon days ago, no answer yet. I hope you and SIW2 will be around for a long time.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.