Help with outpost security suite pro please.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by The Red Moon, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I have tried to install OSS pro on my computer and the installation went fine until i had to reboot and then i got a black screen of death with just the mouse pointer to look at.
    I had to hard reset using the power button and tried again,i got to the desktop and then the computer froze solid with no option but to hard reset again,
    What am i doing wrong as ive never used this before,
    Any ideas please.
    Thanks.:cool:

2. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I have BSOD problem recently after installing Outpost Firewall Pro (tried to look for a replacement for my existing firewall) & rebooting.

What I did was uninstalling it under safe mode with network.

3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

DItto. You have to go into safe mode to remove it. I had the same problem last month. I also had problem installing it too. It would lock up and freeze halfway through. Kind of gave up using Outpost at the moment. Likewise for comodo Firewall. Both are having conflicts on my system.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

i had internet problems and other issues last night right after installing it . Managed to uninstall after 30 minutes and am back to AVG IS . Just ok
    :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

5. The Red Moon

I have tried it again and the same result unfortunately.I have given up on it.:'(

6. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Ditto with Pro Firewall about 5 months ago. Safe mode and the convenience of Revo forced uninstall on several components quickly returned things to normal.

7. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I am using both OSS and OFP in Windows 8 computers without any problems whatsoever,before that i used the 7.xx versions on Windows 7 without any problems as well....although I have not tried the 8.xx in anything apart from Windows 8.If you have OSS Pro have you tried contacting Outpost Support with our details.. OS etc? Whenever I have contacted them,they have responded positively.

8. The Red Moon

i dare not risk trying it again.pity as it looks a great program but it just doesnt like my computer.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Geeze almost everyone here is having or had problems with outpost.When I tried it the past the only issue I had is I kept getting some stupid message that it failed to start on every boot but then it looked like it was working properly in the UI at that point I lost trust. IMO outpost seems buggy as hell and for some it seems to work go figure.

10. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I have the Same type of problems with the current version. I can get it to install, once I reboot it takes the desktop about 10 minutes to come up & it takes out my audio driver. Have to uninstall in safe mode then the audio works again. I have never had this problem with Outpost in the past. This was after a fresh install so no leftover security software. I just can't use the software now!

11. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

one thing i learned from my failed outpost experience is that you'll never get rid of it completely in your machine, i had to reformat.

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Tried and it installed fine and is working with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.