Help with opening ports on Proxy....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by s7e, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s7e

s7e Guest

I am networked through my brothers computer and we use AnologX i believe to allow me access to the net. But I have problems gaming and viewing some online chat rooms. It says that some ports needed are not opened. We connect through DirecPC (sat. modem) and I am using XP Pro. I do not think my proxy allows me to open specific ports, but I could be wrong. Could anybody guide me to a free proxy that allows me to specify ports?

Thanks a lot.
  2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Feb 11, 2002
    Sorry you haven't had a reply yet. Have you tried a port scanner to determine the true status of the ports you want to use? There are good ones available, and you'll find a list at

I know that ZoneAlarm Pro allows you to specify port access, but I don't know about the free edition.

Really sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I hope someone else comes along with better advice.
  3. root

root Registered Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Missouri, USA
    Hi. Analog X Proxy is the problem because it only supports a few ports. It is free, therefore very limited.
    If you want a proxy that will work with all ports, you need something like Wingate which is not free.
    At one time I heard of another free Proxy from Russia that worked for gamers, but I cannot remember the name or how to find it. It was posted on another forum.
    Perhaps if you search around a few other boards, someone will know.
    Before you buy something, make sure it will work with DirectPC. A lot of stuff won't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.