Help with opening ports on Proxy....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by s7e, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s7e

s7e Guest

I am networked through my brothers computer and we use AnologX i believe to allow me access to the net. But I have problems gaming and viewing some online chat rooms. It says that some ports needed are not opened. We connect through DirecPC (sat. modem) and I am using XP Pro. I do not think my proxy allows me to open specific ports, but I could be wrong. Could anybody guide me to a free proxy that allows me to specify ports?

Thanks a lot.

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Sorry you haven't had a reply yet. Have you tried a port scanner to determine the true status of the ports you want to use? There are good ones available, and you'll find a list at www.wilders.org.

I know that ZoneAlarm Pro allows you to specify port access, but I don't know about the free edition.

Really sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I hope someone else comes along with better advice.

3. root

root Registered Member

Hi. Analog X Proxy is the problem because it only supports a few ports. It is free, therefore very limited.
    If you want a proxy that will work with all ports, you need something like Wingate which is not free.
    At one time I heard of another free Proxy from Russia that worked for gamers, but I cannot remember the name or how to find it. It was posted on another forum.
    Perhaps if you search around a few other boards, someone will know.
    Before you buy something, make sure it will work with DirectPC. A lot of stuff won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.