Help with OA Free Firewall settings needed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zakazak, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zakazak

zakazak Registered Member

Hi, I finally decided to get MSE & OA Free Firewall on my system instead of OA++.. now i wonder if you guys have any tipps on how to set up OA Free Firewall correctly (i will do the same thread for MSE but in the "Other AV" category).

For example, can i exclude some processes to make everything go faster & more lightweight? like explorer.exe ,dwm.exe or some of MSE´s process ?
    Are there any security setting which are important since i use MSE ? E.g. if MSE doesnt offer security in an certain way so i would have to use the one of OA ?

thanks

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

The official OA help pages contain lots of usefull information; link
    Read especially on how to use the 'Safety Check Wizard' when using OA for the first time.

OA uses 'OASIS', it's own whitelist/database of safe programs; OA will automatically recognize a valid process/program like MSE.

Also, read up on the OA feature 'Run Safer', it allows you to set limited rights for a program if you run it from an admin account.
    cheers

3. zakazak

zakazak Registered Member

thank u alot.. just realized that there arent automatic updates for OA free.. what a crap :S

i now wonder which other firewall i could use.. especially one that works together with MSE.

Does the comodo firewall have HIPS ? i guess it would be the best replacement for OA free.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.