Help with Net Framework 1.1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am running Win.7 64 bit and need Net Framework 1.1 to run Print Shop 23. Net. Framework won't install because of 64 bit. I have done a lot of research and found out how to do it.
    Create a new folder named DotNetin C:\ drive (C:\DotNet is used in this guide, you can change to any folder you prefer, but ensure that you use correct path in the following steps).
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe ). Make sure the setup file is saved asdotnetfx.exe .
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe ). Make sure that the file is renamed and saved asdotnetfxsp1.exe , so that the rest of the steps can be followed easily.
    Move both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet), if you’re not saving them together.
    Open command prompt as Administrator .
    Change to the directory where the two installation setup files for .NET 1.1 are saved (i.e. C:\DotNet).
    Run the following commands one by one, press Enter after each one.
    dotnetfx.exe /c:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet"
    Then click on “Yes” when prompted to answer “would you like to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Package?”
    dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
    msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp

Install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 with slipstreamed/integrated Service Pack 1 by running netfx.msi created in the working folder. How do I create the folder(DotNet)?

2. WilliamP

I have created a folder named (DotNet) in C. If I go to (My Computer) click on C drive,there it is. The folder contains (dotnetfx.exe) and (dotnetfxsp1.exe). I have tried to run the command in the Command prompt and it won't run. I opened the Command Prompt as Administrator but I don't know what to do when it says (Change to the directory where the two installation files for Net 1.1 are saved).

3. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

On the command prompt with admin rights type:
    cd\ (hit enter)
    cd DotNet (hit enter)
    then run the commands you listed before to slipstream dotnet 1.1

4. WilliamP

Thank you. I did as you said but it said that dotnetfx.exe was not recognized as internal or external. Maybe my folder isn't set up correctly?

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Change directory to C:\DotNet then input your commands

6. WilliamP

How do I change the the directory? Do you mean in the Command Prompt?

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Yes in the cmd prompt.

8. WilliamP

First I want to thank everyone for their help. But nothing worked. I don't know why. So I decided to try something else. I opened My Computer, opened C drive,went to my DotHet folder and opened it. Then I right clicked on dotnetfx.exe and cilcked on (Run as Administrator) and it installed. Then I did the same with the SP1 Every thing is fine now. Praise the Lord.

9. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Aren't computers just great !!

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.