help with invalid security certificate

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by innerpeace, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

When I go to hobbyking.com I'm getting an invalid security certificate in firefox. I know of many people that have ordered from them but want to be sure it's safe and encrypted. Also, when I click on the SSL 128bit box for a secure connection it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me find out what the problem is and if they are safe to order from?

Here is a link to an explanation of the issue on their forum which is 3 pages but a very fast read.
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...=3184&KW=security certificate&PID=19294#19294

Should I allow an exception and then go to the hxxps://www.hobbyking.com to register or place an order?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

innerpeace, I used my Perspectives add-on to check the SSL Certificate on that site and this is the result:

Capture9-7-2009-10.47.38 PM.gif

I also checked the page info, using FF 3.5.2 and the certificate is verified:

Capture9-7-2009-10.49.10 PM.gif

Whether they are safe to order from, that I don't know, yet the Certificate checks out.

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks JRViejo,

I'm afraid I'm totally ignorant when it comes to certificates and this was the first time that that I received a warning at a place that I was interested in buying from. It's good to see that the add-on shows consistency with the certificate.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

innerpeace, you're welcome! If you don't have Perspectives, it's a good one to install. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.