Help With Folders in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am a lover of FDISR and now I need some help. I have a secondary image and an Archive image. Now here is the problem. I was on the phone with my daughter trying to help her set up her Email. Somehow I wiped out my folders of saved Emails on my computer. Of course they are still on my secondary image. There is a lot of things on my primary image that I would lose if I updated the primary from the secondary. How can I get the folders back to the primary?

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

If the material that you need to keep are documents, it would be a simple matter of saving them to another drive, usb key, or cd. Then after you update the Primary using the Secondary, bring them back. If the stuff that you need to save are programs, I'm afraid that they would have to be reinstalled.

Acadia

3. carfal

carfal Registered Member

WilliamP, this is an easily solved problem.

Boot into your secondary snapshot and navigate to this location

XP

"C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{9DE504FE-06E4-445C-949D-A06658B585EF}\Microsoft\Outlook Express"

The numbers within {} may be different on your system.

Copy the "Outlook Express" folder to another drive (or USB stick)

Boot back into the main snapshot and copy the email folder back to the exact location overwriting everything.

Vista

"C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail"

Copy the "Windows Mail" folder to another drive (or USB stick)

Boot back into the main snapshot and copy the email folder back to the exact location overwriting everything.

Windows 7 (if using Windows Live Mail)

"C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail"

Copy the "Windows Live Mail" folder to another drive (or USB stick)

Emails recovered! :D

PS Make sure your not running the respective Mail clients while your copying and pasting!

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thank you for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.