Help with eScan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firecat, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hello one and all,

Currently in eScan the monitor component is the same as Kaspersky Anti-Virus 4.5. However, I feel that the Kaspersky Script Checker feature is not working. In eScan's Virus List, even heuristic detections are listed, however the Script Checker heuristic detection ('I-Worm.Script') is not listed. Plus, I remember about some registry entry whose data should point to avpscrch.dll (Script Checker DLL file) in Kaspersky install directory. If eScan uses the same engine, this should point to the same DLL in eScan directory. avpscrch.dll is very well present in my eScan directory. I checked these registry entries a few days ago, and it does NOT point to avpscrch.dll. I don't exactly remember the entries. I told MicroWorld about it and am awaiting a reply. I just wanted to know whther any of you had any idea about this.

EDIT:- Is this also applicable to other AVs using KAV engine (F-Secure, AVK, etc.)

Regards,
    Firecat

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

OK I got it. I'll be making a new thread upon this very very soon......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.