Help with Error Disabling Connection message.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by duke1959, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I have been getting this message along with this one. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or may have been initiated by another user or system account, whenever I right click on my Wireless Network Connection and try to disable it. I actually figured out something was wrong when I simply tried to repair first and got a, make sure your network adapter is properly installed message. The only changes I've made since this began happening, was installing AVG Internet Security Suite which has a Firewall. (Uninstalling it made no difference) And later updating to the latest FireFox version. I don't know what else may have caused this. I didn't try reinstalling the Linksys Network Adapter Software yet with the CD that came with it, but may later. I really don't need to use the disable feature, but because I occasionally get an IP Conflict (Range Expander involved) I do use the repair feature. I have a Linksys Router, and as I said a Range Expander, but again only recently has this error occured. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it bother sme to not know why I am getting this message.

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Anyone else ever get this? I was told this can possibly happen when installing or uninstalling Firewalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.