Help with Dr Web!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by disinter1, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I downloaded the newest microsoft updates and restarted my computer, well it restarts now it says dr web is "turned off" according to microsoft security center...what!! Well, it seems like it's on to me, can someone please help to fix this:(

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

3. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Well, last night when I posted this, I restarted my computer twice, and it still said it was off. So I just gave up and shut off my computer, then today it was gone already, how weird.o_O A little off topic now, does the spider on the taskbar disappear sometimes? Like it is always there, but I always put "always show" on the taskbar and start menu properites, then later when it doesn't show I go back on the taskbar properites and it says, "hide when inactive"...o_O I have no idea:(

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

A well-known bug in WIN XP. Take a look here. and here. I would try the disabling of the UNPnP first.

If after the above, you find that the SpIDerGuard icon is still disappearing and you have confirmed that you have the tray icon selected, I have found that an uninstall/fresh install generally solves this problem. However, a previous post suggested that other security programs may be stopping the icons from loading. So if you do carry out another install make sure that you close down other background programs.

Attached Files:

5. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

you could adjust the taskbar settings for "hide inactve icons".. to do that, click "start", then, when the menu pops up, rightclick on the blue bar at the bottom of the menu, then click the "taskbar" tab to access the settings for the taskbar.. then, down at the bottom, uncheck "hide inactive icons"..

i would try uninstalling dr.web and then reinstalling it, and then, if the problem persists, contact dr.web's tech support so that they can try to help..

6. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

The options you guys gave me are helpful but are not the case, I've done all recommended except uninstall/reinstall, which I might think doing if needed later on. But, for some weird reason I think my trend micro anti-spyware is doing this disappearing of my spider icon, I woulnd't know how or why trend micro anti-spyware is doing this, but it seems like the only thing I can think ofo_O

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

it could be,

trend antispyware is real-time aswell as on demand, and dr.web is real time for spyware / adware etc etc, you shouldnt need trend in.

8. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Both are real time, as I know most anti-virus have some protection against spyware too, but Dr Web as stated is my main anti-virus realtime, and Trend Micro is my main anti-spyware.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

try checking the logs of trend micro antispyware and see if it has zapped it by mistake.
    lodore

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yeah but you should not need trend running, with dr.web

Mass-mailing worms
    E-mail viruses
    Peer-to-peer viruses
    Internet worms
    File viruses
    Trojans
    Stealth viruses
    Polymorphic viruses
    Bodiless viruses
    Macro viruses
    MS Office viruses
    Malicious scripts

Script viruses
    Spyware
    Spybots
    Password stealers
    Paid Dialers
    Adware
    Riskware
    Hacktools
    Backdoors
    Joke programs
    Rootkits
    Other malware

etc etc, and if i remember... IBK's PUP test showed dr.web doing quite well.

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

a touch off topic here but,

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP9\A0000833.dll - probably infected with DLOADER.Trojan

ive done full scans before and found nothing, but yet the real-time protection found this, so it must have been in new signature downloads, i understand its a 'probably' and could be an FP with the latest sigs, but i deleted it anyway, hope it wont affect my computer, as i see its a .dll file and dont like deleting those, i always think "part of windows aghhh"

paranoid i know, but deleted it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.