Help with config and profile not being used by clients

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by oliverm, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

oliverm Registered Member

Hi,

I have installed NOD32 with RA on an SBS server and setup a mirror pointing to a UNC path on the same server. I've also created a new config in the mirror settings which has a custom update profile which points the client at the UNC path of the mirror (ie \\myserver\mirror).

Now, when the client automatically picks up the new config from the mirror settings, it does seem to accept it, and the new server (ie \\myserver\mirror) shows in the list of servers on the client, but the clients still want to check the ESET servers for updates, and as they dont have the username and password set in the config they fail.

My question is this. Either a) how can I force the client to remove the original config and just use the one i created in the mirror settings, or b) how can i force the client to accept a new username/password for the ESET servers so it updates over the internet? I've tried creating a new config with the ESET username and password but, when the client takes the config, it shows the new profile, but doesnt use it by default.

Olly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.