Help with Backups with Encryption

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by HuddaDudda, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuddaDudda

HuddaDudda Registered Member

I have been asked to figure out how do a weekly full backup of our companies Mission Critial Sensitive Private Data (employee files and such) - then on a daily basis do incremental backups. All which need to be ftp'ed remotely to an offsite backup server housed at another location in case of emergancy or natural disaster. It is also required to have the remote ftp remove the backups after 30 days old automatically - to save space and so that you dont have to manually do it.

So I am looking for help with the following:

- Create a self extracting archive, drive image or any type of archive w/512 Bit Encryption or better, whatever is best that I can get of files, masking or encypting the filenames from being viewed or expanded, then FTP them daily to a remote site via SSL for once a week full backup of "mission critical" items.

- Then again the sames as above but on a daily basis doing incremental backups or differencial backups of files that have been changed or modified since the last backup.

- Automatically remove the backups after "X" amount of time from the ftp.

Is there any software that can do this and if so can someone point me in the direction how to set this up or give me the setup instructions how to do so? Thanks in advance!

Also on a side note - I am looking for a way to encypt that same data on our network drive so that users must be setup to access that drive and if someone was to pysically come in and steal the drive they could not install it in a computer and "see" the data. Any help for this would be appriciated too!

2. HuddaDudda

HuddaDudda Registered Member

Bump - Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.