Help with an external drive

Discussion in 'hardware' started by marthe224, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marthe224

marthe224 Registered Member

I was backing up my C drive creating an image using Acronis onto my external F drive (format FAT) when half way through it showed an error. I shut down Acronis and clicked on the shortcut to my F drive thinking that I would delete the backup thus far created and try again. When I clicked on the short cut on my desktop to open the F drive suddenly it is telling me that the disk in drive F is not formatted and would I like to format it now. When I right click on the F drive it tells me that the file system is RAW and that there are O bytes used and 0 bytes free. Have I lost everything that I have stored on my F drive. I don't know what to do. Please, please help me.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

4. marthe224

marthe224 Registered Member

I downloaded a program called File Scavenger 3.2 and although my external drive says that I need to reformat and the file system is RAW when I ran the program it showed me the files and folders that are on my F Drive. In order to recover my stuff, I would need to buy the program ($ 50) and choose what I want to recover to my C drive

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

marte224,
    See if Recuva can help. There is no charge for the download and use.
    www.recuva.com

You could also download Partition Wizard and see if you can recover the entire partition. Suggest you try the version which can be done on CD.

This is is also freeware.

http://www.partitionwizard.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.