Help! Which one should I buy?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Wolters, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolters

Wolters Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using Acronis True Image until now, when I got fed up with their upgrade policy and that they did not address the alignment problem with SSD disks in their latest release. So now I am turning to the product line at Paragon with the hope that they can solve my back up problems...

But when I look at their website, I get a little confused on what to buy, so any input from you guys would be most welcome!

We have five desktop computers in our home all running Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit.

All computers have two hard drives. One for system and applications, and one hard drive for documents, photos, music, etc...

The "only" thing I need to backup and make an image of, is the C: drive on which the system and programmes resides. The second drive is backed up with another software.

I am looking for a software that can take into account the alignment problem when switching from a HDD to a SSD.

It would also be really great if I could restore the image to a computer EVEN if I have changed motherboard, processor, etc!!!

Now I have seen three different flavours of Backup & Recovery solutions for Home users at the Paragon site, Backup & Recovery 10 Suite, Backup & Recovery Home and System Backup 2010.

HOWEVER when I click the Hard Disk Maintenance & Optimization tab, it seems that the Hard Disk Manager 2010 Suite ALSO has some backup features? Do I get the same backup and imaging possibilities TOGETHER with some hard disk utilities as wello_O?

So given the above what would be the best deal when I want to install a backup software on my 5 PCso_O Are there any bundles for example?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

3. Wolters

Wolters Registered Member

Thanks, Matt!

I looked at the comparison table and the Suite edition has this P2P adjust OS feature. Does this mean that once I have made an image of my current system, I can even change motherboard and processor, for example, and then restore the image back to this new computer buildo_O

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, that is what the P2P adjust is for.

The restored o/s will boot on the new hardware after using P2P .

You will need the correct Windows license to allow activation on a new machine.

5. mikeg

mikeg Registered Member

Hello. I would like to join this thread if you don't mind. I'm also an Acronis TI refugee and also got a little overwhelmed by the different flavors of Paragon products.

I've read details, feature comparisons, etc. Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite as my probable choice. It's got the main features I need: image and file backups, differential/incremental backups, scheduling/automation, virtualization (P2V, etc.), restore to new hardware (P2P), Win PE recovery, mount and selective restore from image...

I guess the main question remaining is whether I should consider Hard Disk Manager Suite instead. I didn't find any direct comparisons between Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite and Hard Disk Manager 2010 Suite. The partition management, tuning, defrag and disk format conversion features would be nice to have, but not necessary for me. Any other important differences?

The 30% off deal for Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite makes both the same price. Would everyone agree B&R is the best choice based on my criteria above?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

A friend recently bought HDM2010 Suite - and is delighted with it.

Depends what you need.

The HDM Suite gives the extra partitioning functions and p2p restore to new hardware.

B&R 10Suite has the p2v functions as well as p2p , but not the advanced partitioning.

If you want p2v - BR 10 Suite may be better for you.

It includes the System Backup program - you may or may not want to use that bit - you can turn it off in msconfig if not.

7. mikeg

mikeg Registered Member

SIW2, thanks I feel more confident about my choice now. These days I'm far more likely to virtualize any secondary OS and use monolithic partitions than to create a multi-boot configuration or fancy parition schemes. Beyond what we've already dicussed, at some point, I'll probably need to restore my current system image to a larger SSD RAID array (and have Win 7 use all the additional space). If B&R 10 Suite can handle that I'm good. (I have to research that further to confirm.)

Another confusion you've already cleared up to some extent is inclusion of System Backup in the B&R 10 Suite trial download. I'll address this in another thread to avoid straying too far from the OPs theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.