HELP!!! Virus infected cant get to nod 32 menu but scan still possible.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by oblivioncth, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oblivioncth

oblivioncth Registered Member

My computer just got infected by something from a fake installer.

It wont let me access my alot applications and when i try to get the nod 32 menu to scan, it doesn't show up and the and the active protection says there's a threat in the windows temp folder so i delete it but it does that every time. So I think its some file keeping me from opening it. It also kept deleting an autorun (said it was infected) file in my C: (system) and D: (other) drives and i shutdown my computer so im afraid to restart it cause it could run a bunch of crap. I was able to still scan by right clicking all my drives and saying scan though that wont give a full deep scan but when i turn my computer on nod 32 might not be able to start at all from the autorun things.
    I hate reinstalling my comp cause of all the games and drivers but if there is nothing really IMPORTANT on my computer. If i cant scan my comp should i just completely delete the OS and reinstall? Any idea on my options?

2. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

Try booting into Safe Mode and then see if the scan runs from there. To get into safe mode, press F8 after the BIOS screen messages, and choose Safe Mode.

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.