HELP! Urgent! Does DD10 work with Vista 64 or not??

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pdsnickles, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdsnickles

pdsnickles Registered Member

I just read this thread which casts doubt on whether or not DD10 will work to partition my hard drive with Vista Home Premium 64bit:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=235283

I double checked on the web site and it says that it works with "Vista" but does not specifically state it works with Vista 64bit.

I got it specifically to work with my new computer with the above Vista 64bit system, so I need to know if it is going to work right or not. If not, then I need to find something that will, prontisimo, because I want to partition (resize/shrink) my C drive, and add 3 partitions.

The fact that Acronis does not specifically say it works with Vista 64bit (just "Vista") makes me wonder... then the thread linked above...?

2. pdsnickles

pdsnickles Registered Member

Funny... Acronis's own site says it works with "Vista" but if you go to cnet it says it only works up to XP.

Then I found this at amazon in a review:
    This is probably the worst software I've used in years--probably in the last decade. If you are using old operating systems or old hardware, you may be fine, but with XP64 or Vista on the latest hardware, it repeatedly corrupted my hard drive partions rendering them not only unbootable but generally unrecoverable. Another bug is that my wireless mouse would only work during the first welcome/splash screen of the boot CD but not the actual utility once it loaded. I had to hook up a PS/2 mouse. Even that didn't work all of the time (like when I had a 2nd drive plugged in).

Aside from the hardware problems, it plain destroyed partitions and corrupts MBRs. I'll give you some examples. Resize NTFS cluster sizes renders Windows completely unbootable and corrupted. Changing drive letters renders the system unbootable. Setting a partition active corrupts the drive. Performing operations on an external USB drive completely corrupted the drive, and I couldn't fix with any other DOS/Windows utilities that I had. I had to fix it on my Mac! Note that you cannot clone a drive or partition. You can only copy a partition which assigns the wrong drive letter and as noted above you cannot correct without losing all the data. Many operations require multiple reboots for each step involved and some steps fail/crash. Sometimes, it would set the wrong partition active. Finally, copying partitions from one drive to another failed inexplicably and crashed about 1/2 the time. The only operations I was consistently successful at were trivial operations like partition resizes which Vista does natively anyway. Operations that I could do in their "demo" (it is NOT a trial) are fake. They could not be performed using the real software which was the latest version. Please note that my system is otherwise stable and all the native Vista disk utilities/operations work flawlessly. I have used disk utilities like Partition Magic, Norton Ghost, Drive Image, etc., for decades so I am not a newbie.

The final reason for 1 star (zero if I could ), I purchased this direct from Acronis via Digital River. Their support is horrible (basically auto-replies) if they ever respond. Despite having a 30-day money back guarantee, you will never see your money again. This product sets new lows in the already shaky computer hardware/software industry.

I dare you to leave this up here. Meanwhile don't worry about me, I won't be back, I am deleting all Acronis products from my hard drive.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pdsnickles,

Thank you for interest in Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, this system is supported by our program. Please check this article for the detailed information.

The trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 is available here.

Detailed information about Acronis Disk Director product can be found in User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.