Help to transfer XP to a drive containing data partitions

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by monographix, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monographix

monographix Registered Member

Hard Disk Manager 2011 Professional

I want to clone / transfer an XP system ( C: ) to a drive that besides enough unallocated space it also hosts logical partitions with data.

Is that possible and how?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Perhaps you can get simpler and more accurate answers if you post the disk maps of both drives.

3. monographix

The system drive is 40 GB (single partition) and the other drive (300 GB) has 40gb unalocated space in the begining of the drive and the rest of the space is populated by 4 logical partitions (all containing data)

4. monographix

i did it.
    made an image of XP drive, restored the partition (not the drive) from the image to the unalocated space on the second drive, disconected all other drives, and then boot from the Paragaon WinPE advanced CD, from tools -> startup repairs i run both mbr corrections and windows installations boot sector correction and now the XP copy is booting normally. Great tool. The windows setup cd , as usual, was unable to find the windows installation.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.