help the newbies

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by oldberretta1, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldberretta1

oldberretta1 Guest

Is there a method for investigating process /port events from the logging utility/files ? Zone Alarm frequently
    blocks an undetermined process trying to access the internet. PE captured the last two occurances in the log window but I was unable to view the event using the Socket Spy utility. I am using the evaluation copy on Windows 98

Also where can I find information regarding the color bands in the log window ?

Thanks

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Have you tried - Settings - File logging and selecting a limit? Or if that is enabled all the events in the windows log will have been also logged into the file log.
    Using "View Log" you will need to scroll down the list and hopefully see the attempts that were blocked.

HTH Pilli

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi oldberreta1,

With regard to the color codes of the various sockets shown in the main window, you can find the description in the help file by going to

Interface -> Socket Colors

Here is the excerpt from that page...

Hope this helps

4. oldberretta1

oldberretta1 Guest

Thanks. I found the description but maybe I was not clear with my question. Yje lower half of the screen displays events with red and blue text sometimes
    with a grey highlighted band. Where is the description for the display ?

5. oldberretta1

oldberretta1 Guest

thank you.
    I have turned on file logging. Hopefully the log will retain the properties of the event. I am not certain what the Window log does other than display events in real-time.

OB1

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

The windows logging colours, I could not find a description of the colour code for the window log but following my own read outs I believe that it is about as follows: :)

Light blue - Normal connection - Send, Open, Connect & Close
    Shaded blue - Hidden coneection - End, Open Connect & Close
    Shaded Red - Hidden connection - Recieved
    Red - Recieved normal connection.

If I connect with MailWasher manually I get a blue text (MW Window open) - If I let MW connect whilst it's window is closed I get the shaded blue text

BTW - Thanks for pointing this out as I believe the help file may need some clarification.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.